New Page Limit for JJAP
Thank you for your meaningful contribution to Japanese Journal of Applied Physics (JJAP). Considering the recent circumstances surrounding scholarly journals, especially the increasing importance of short articles such as letters, the Editorial Board has decided to change the page limit of JJAP papers.
Those of Rapid Communication (RC) and Brief Note (BN) papers will increase from three to four printed pages and from two to three printed pages, respectively. The new rule will be applied to manuscripts submitted on or after January 1, 2013.
Masahiro Asada, Editor-in-Chief
We are pleased to introduce a new section, Comprehensive Reviews, starting from the September 2010 issue.
Comprehensive Reviews: The Comprehensive Reviews section is composed of review papers based on the English translation of outstanding review articles published in the members' journal “OYO BUTURI” (published in Japanese) of the Japan Society of Applied Physics. These articles comprehensively report on the background and latest developments in research on a focused field of applied physics from a broad perspective.
Hitoshi Tabata, Editor-in-Chief
The editors of Applied Physics Express (APEX) and Japanese Journal of Applied Physics (JJAP) start offering monthly “SPOTLIGHTS” alert service to draw your attention to new works published in APEX and JJAP.
As often witnessed in the past, progress in applied physics has been promoted by cross-disciplinary research and for this reason we believe that it is significant to give readers a broad perspective on current research. As a first step in this direction, each month we will select and suggest a small number of articles for the registered readers by using alert e-mails named “SPOTLIGHTS”. Selection of papers is based on the high potentialities for capturing interest of researchers in the applied physics community, not on the papers’ evaluation. We hope that “SPOTLIGHTS” will lead to opportunities to redirect readers beyond their usual interests.
Kazuhiko Hirakawa, Editor-in-Chief
New in 2009
- New Sections
JJAP will be reorganized from January 2009 by closing the Communications section and starting the Rapid Communications and the Brief Notes sections.
- Rapid Communications: The Rapid Communications section (page limit: 3 printed pages) is devoted to the speedy dissemination of new works important to various fields of applied physics. The Rapid Communications will be published bi-weekly on line and printed monthly.
- Brief Notes: The Brief Notes section will report important improvements in instrumentation, fabrication technologies, etc. as well as serve as an archive for important material parameters, etc. (page limit: 2 printed pages). The Brief Notes will be published monthly.
Upon paper submission, the author(s) should choose appropriate PACS codes for their paper, instead of the JJAP Classification Scheme. The keywords after the abstract will be unnecessary.
JJAP will use a citation format based on six-digit article IDs instead of conventional page numbers.
The following rate will be used for manuscripts prepared using MS Word or LaTeX:
¥10,000/printed page (without reprints).
You can order reprints in lots of 50 copies if needed. The prices of reprints will soon be available.
More details will be announced later.
Akihiro Kono, Editor-in-Chief
OPEN SELECT — JSAP Open Access Program —
The Japan Society of Applied Physics is offering Open Access (OA) to articles published in Japanese Journal of Applied Physics (JJAP) and Applied Physics Express (APEX). This OA program is called OPEN SELECT. Anyone (authors, institutions, funding agencies, etc.) can, by paying a one-time extra fee, make the article available on the JJAP/APEX website that is accessible to all readers without extra cost or subscription. Readers can access PDF versions of the OPEN SELECT articles through the JJAP/APEX online journal.
The OPEN SELECT fee is added to the regular publication (i.e., page) charge (see below). Invited review papers are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The copyright of the OPEN SELECT articles still belongs to the Japan Society of Applied Physics. Reproducing and/or reusing OPEN SELECT articles, including uploading on any server which is open to public, is not allowed without the prior permission of the Japan Society of Applied Physics.
Akihiro Kono, Editor-in-Chief
Terms and Conditions
- OPEN SELECT can be applied for at any time by anyone (authors, institutions, funding agencies, etc.).
- Application is not accepted for a submitted paper before the JJAP/APEX Editorial Board accepts it for publication in JJAP/APEX. This implies that an OPEN SELECT application does not affect reviewing process of the paper in any manner.
[Pricing and Payments]
- The OPEN SELECT fee is an additional charges levied along with the regular page charges. For regular articles, the fee is as follows:
JJAP Regular Papers ¥100,000 APEX, JJAP Letters, Express Letters, Communications,
& Brief Communications
¥60,000 JJAP Short Notes ¥40,000
- The pro-forma invoice is sent to the applicant after the JJAP/APEX Editorial Office receives the application form.
- After the payment of the fee (in addition to the regular page charge) is confirmed, the article becomes available on the JJAP/APEX website as an OPEN SELECT article.
- The pro-forma invoice will be sent to the applicant within 10 days.
- Reproducing and reusing OPEN SELECT articles are restricted under the same conditions as for regular articles (see Terms of reproducing or reusing articles published in JJAP/APEX). In particular, uploading OPEN SELECT articles on any server open to public is not allowed without the prior permission of the Japan Society of Applied Physics.