Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 10 (1971) pp. 1083-1089 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (757K)| |Buy This Article|
Joule Heating in JFT-2
Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute
(Received April 1, 1971)
The time evolution of the spatially averaged values of the plasma parameters in JFT–2 are investigated numerically. The calculations are carried out by solving the simultaneous differential equations composed of the circuit equations and the plasma energy balance equations. Current which carries in the liner is calculated and the necessary one-turn resistance of the liner is estimated. The dependence of the ion temperature and the thermal conduction time on the plasma parameters are also obtained under several assumptions.
- S. Itoh et al.: Design of Medium Beta Torus (JFT-2) JAERI-memo 4084 (1970).
- Yu. N. Dnestrovskii, D. P. Kostomarov and N. L. Pavlova: IV European Conference on Controlled Fusion and Plasma Physics (Rome, Italy, 1970) p. 17.
- C. Mercier and Soubbaramayer: IV European Conference on Controlled Fusion and Plasma Physics (Rome, Italy, 1970) p. 16.
- S. V. Mirnov: Nucl. Fusion 9 (1969) 57.
- H. P. Furth, M. N. Rosenbluth, P. H. Rutherford and W. Stodiek: Thermal Equilibrium and Stability of Tokamak Discharges MATT-778 (1970).
- A. A. Galeev and R. Z. Sagdeev: Sov. Phys. JETP 26 (1968) 233; L. M. Kovrizhnykh: Sov. Phys. JETP 29 (1969) 475.
- L. A. Artsimovich et al.: Sov. Phys. JETP Lett. 11 (1970) 449.