Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 10 (1971) pp. 671-677 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (752K)| |Buy This Article|
Surface Wave Delay Lines with Interdigital Transducers on Unpolarized PZT Ceramic Plates
Department of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto University
(Received August 6, 1970)
Characteristics of surface wave delay lines with interdigital transducers on unpolarized PZT ceramic plates are studied. The slower sound velocity in an unpolarized PZT plate insures a longer delay time compared to that of the prepolarized plate with the same dimension. The polarizing treatment is given only to the parts of the specimen under the electrodes to convert them into transducers by a DC electric field of 1,500 V/mm at 80°C for 10 to 20 hours and a subsequent aging at 120° for 10 to 20 hours. This polarizing treatment makes it possible to excite a surface wave of a shorter wavelength compared with those excited in a uniformly polarized sample. Thus a higher center frequency of the delay line can be obtained. Preliminary results on the attenuation constant of surface waves in the delay lines are presented.
- C. Minton: Nondestr. Test. 12 (1954) 13.
- E. G. Cook and H. E. Valkenburg: ASTM Bull. 198 (1954) 81.
- K. N. Vingradov and G. K. Ulyanov: Soviet Physics-Acoustics 5 (1950) 296.
- F. Firestone and I. Frederick:
J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 18 (1946) 200[AIP Scitation].
- I. A. Viktorov: Soviet Physics-Acoustics 1 (1962) 236.
- R. M. White and F. W. Voltmer:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 7 (1965) 314[AIP Scitation].
- G. A. Coquin and H. F. Tierstone:
J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 41 (1967) 921[AIP Scitation].
- S. G. Joashi and R. M. White:
J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 46 (1969) 17[AIP Scitation].
- Chin-Chong Tseng:
J. Appl. Phys. 38 (1967) 4281[AIP Scitation].
- T. Kiyono: Memoirs of the Faculty of Eng., Kyoto Univ. 12 (1950) No. 2, 29.
- I. A. Viktorov: Rayleigh and Lamb waves (Plenum Press, New York, 1967), Chap. 1, p. 4.
- W. P. Mason: Physical acoustics, Principles and methods (Academic Press, New York and London, 1964) Vol. 1-Part A, Chap. 3, p. 219.
- W. P. Mason: Physical acoustics and the properties of solid (D. Van Nostrand Company, New York, 1958) p. 21.
- W. P. Mason and H. J. Mc. Skimin:
J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 19 (1947) 464[AIP Scitation].
- I. Barducci: Ricerca Sci. 25 (1955) 2572.
- O. Nomoto, A. Ikushima and Y. Torikai: Onpa Bussei to sono Oyo (Ultrasonic properties of matter and their applications) (Ohm Publ. Co., Tokyo, 1969) p. 42 [in Japanese].