Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 11 (1972) pp. 98-102 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (425K)| |Buy This Article|
Pivoted Slider Bearing with Convex Pad Surface in Micropolar Fluid
Department of Mathematics, I.I.T.
(Received April 20, 1971)
A theoretical analysis is presented for a pivoted slider bearing in a micropolar fluid which can sustain antisymmetric stress and couple stress. The effect of pad-surface curvature on pressure, load capacity, centre of pressure, and friction coefficient is determined and is shown in a family of curves. It is found that the load supporting capacity in this fluid is more than that in the Newtonian fluid.
- A. C. Eringen: Int. J. Engng. Sci. 2 (1964) 205.
- A. C. Eringen: Proc. of the ninth Midwestern Mechanics Conference, Wisconsin (1965).
- A. C. Eringen: J. Math. Mech. 16 (1966) 1.
- V. U. K. Sastry: Doctoral Thesis, I. I. T., Kharagpur (1971).
- S. Abramovitz: J. of Frankline Institute 259 (1955) 221.