Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 12 (1973) pp. 1699-1705 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1181K)| |Buy This Article|
Semiconducting and Dielectric Properties of C-Axia Oriented SbSI Thin Film
Faculty of Engineering Science, Osaka University
(Received February 8, 1973)
A c-axis oriented SbSI thin film has been fabricated by an electron beam evaporation method with a subsequent heat treatment. A tendency toward self-aligned growth in crystal orientation has been found during both evaporation and annealing processes due to the fact that SbSI is a chain-like crystal. The crystal orientation and perfection are identified from the measurements of X-ray diffraction and dielectric properties. The electrical and dielectric properties of the films have been investigated as a function of the temperature. The spectral responses of photoconductivity for a number of samples with different orientations have also been measured. The experimental results are discussed by comparing them with those from the SbSI single crystal. Band structure parameters of both the single crystal and thin film SbSI near the fundamental edge are examined and assigned.
- E. Dönges: Z. Anorg. Chem. 263 (1960) 112.
- R. Nitshe and W. J. Merz: J. Phys. Chem. Solids 13 (1960) 154.
- T. Mori and H. Tamura: J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 19 (1964) 1247.
- Fatuzzo, G. Harbeke, W. J. Merz, R. Nitshe, H. Roetshi and W. Ruppel:
Phys. Rev. 127 (1961) 2036[APS].
- Y. Hamakawa and M. Yoshida: Proc. 2nd Conf. Solid State Devices, Tokyo, 1970, Oyo Buturi 40 (1971) Suppl. p. 80.
- S. Kawada: J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 25 (1968) 919.
- Y. Hamakawa, M. Yoshida and K. Yamanaka: Proc. 3rd Conf. Solid State Devices, Tokyo, 1971, Oyo Buturi 41 (1972) Suppl., p. 85.
- K. Toyoda and K. Ishikawa: J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 28 (1970) 451.
- M. Yoshida, A. F. MD. Zoha and Y. Hamakawa: Reported at the 33th Annual Meeting of Japan Society of Applied Physics No. 29–aY–8 (1972).
- G. Harbeke: J. Phys. Chem. Solids 24 (1963 56.7)
- H. Kamimura, S. M. Shapiro, Y. Retroef and M. Balkanski: Rapport D'active No. 7 Universite de Paric Laboratore de Physique des Solides (1971) 32.