Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 12 (1973) pp. 536-539 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (471K)| |Buy This Article|
Transient Photovoltaic Current in Tetracene
Department of Physics, Boston College
(Received July 31, 1972)
In order to analyze the positive and negative charge current in the organic semiconductor, tetracene, we measured the transient photovoltaic current. From the rate equations for the relaxation of these two currents, the magnitude and the relaxation time of these currents are evaluated. The magnitude of the steady state value of these two currents are almost equal, and they are more than one order of magnitude larger than their net difference. This difference is the usual photovoltaic current referred to in the characterization of the photovoltaic efficiency of tetracene.
- P. H. Fang, A. Golubovic and N. A. Dimond:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 11 (1972) 1298[JSAP].
- P. J. Rencraft, P. L. Kronick and E. E. Hillman: Mol. Cryst. Liq. Cryst. 6 (1969) 247.
- N. Almeleh and S. E. Harrison: J. Phys. Chem. Solids 26 (1965) 1571.
- A. Golubovic and N. Dimond: (to be published).
- J. E. Carnes and P. J. Warter:
Phys. Rev. 5B (1972) 1557[APS].
- E. L. Frankevich and E. I. Balabanov: Phys. Status Solidi 14 (1966) 523.
- L. E. Lyons and O. M. G. Newman: Aust. J. Chem. 24 (1971) 13.
- V. V. Vladimirov, M. V. Kurik and O. Yu. P. Piryatinskii: Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 181 (1968) 1365 [Translation: Soviet Physics Doklady 13 (1969) 789].
- R. C. Hughes:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 21 (1972) 196[AIP Scitation].
- N. Geacintov, M. Pope and H. Kallamnn:
J. Chem. Phys. 45 (1966) 2639[AIP Scitation].