Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 13 (1974) pp. 1524-1532 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1016K)| |Buy This Article|
The Defects Produced by Electron Irradiation and Annealed at About 360K in n-Type Germanium
Department of Physics, College of General Education Osaka University
(Received April 10, 1974)
Annealing of the radiation induced defect associated with the Ec-0.2eV level was studied through electrical measurements in the range 280–380 K. It was found that the level annealed in two stages, for the convenience they are nomenclatured as first and second stages. The first stage was observed only for samples containing group V impurities, and its step height as expressed in fraction unannealed increased with an increasing impurity concentration, and the activation energy was found to be dependent on the impurities. A model for the defect which is annealed in the first stage is proposed to be an association of group V impurity and a vacancy. The second stage of annealing was observed in all n-type samples regardless of the impurity. The step hight of this stage increased with increasing fluence. The activation energy was obtained to be 0.93 eV for all samples. By assuming that the defect is divacancy, the experimental results can be explained.
- J. H. Crawford, Jr. and J. W. Cleland:
J. Appl. Phys. 30 (1959) 1204[AIP Scitation].
- J. C. Pigg and J. H. Crawford, Jr.:
Phys. Rev. 135 (1964) A1141[APS].
- H. Saito, J. C. Pigg and J. H. Crawford, Jr.:
Phys. Rev. 144 (1966) 725[APS].
- F. Nakazawa, S. Ishino, I. Higashinakagawa and R. R. Hasiguti:
J. Phys. Chem. Solids 26 (1965) 1895[CrossRef].
- N. Fukuoka, Y. Tatsumi, H. Saito and J. W. Cleland: J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 32 (1972) 283.
- N. Fukuoka, H. Saito and Y. Tatsumi: Radiation Damage and Defects in Semiconductors (The Institute of Phys., London and Bristol, 1973) p. 328.
- V. V. Emtzev, T. Y. Mashovets, M. Maximov and N. A. Vitovshii: radiation effects in semiconductors, eds. J. W. Corbett and G. D. Watkins (Gorden and Breach, London, 1971) p. 105.
- Y. S. Vavilov, A. Y. Spitsyn and M. Y. Tchukitchev: radiation effects in semiconductors, eds. J. W. Corbett and G. D. Watkins (Gorden and Breach, London, 1971) p. 75.
- M. Hirata, M. Hirata and H. Saito: J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 27 (1969) 405.
- F. Hashimoto and Y. Kamiura:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 13 (1974) 762[JSAP].