Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 13 (1974) pp. 457-462 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (2078K)| |Buy This Article|
Measurements of Magnetic Field of Magnetic Recording Head by a Scanning Electron Microscope
Central Research Laboratory, Hitachi Ltd.
(Received September 12, 1973)
A mapping of the magnetic field distribution around the gap of a magnetic recording head has been carried out using a scanning electron microscope. The magnetic field distribution can be visualized by the distorted SEM image of a reference mesh set under the head. The field distribution curves this obtained are nearly elliptical in shape, and show a slight deviation from those obtained from Karlqvist's model.1) The range of the measurement is confined to an area 50 to 150 µm from the head surface. In this range the resolution of the mesurement system is less than 40 Oe.
- O. Karlqvist: Trans. Roy. Inst. Technol. Stockholm 86 (1954) 1.
- M. S. Cohen: IEEE Trans. Magnetics MAG-4 (1968) 48.
- L. Morton: J. Res. Nat. Bur. Stand. 52 (1954) 97.
- J. P. Lazzari: IEEE Trans. Magnetics MAG-7 (1954) 700.
- R. F. M. Thornley: IEEE Trans. Magnetics MAG-5 (1969) 271.
- R. O. McCary: IEEE Trans. Magnetics MAG-7 (1971) 4.
- D. E. Speliotis: Ann. New York Academy of Science 189 (1972) 20
- A. Paton: Appl. Phys. 42 (1971) 5868.