Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 14 (1975) pp. 1665-1672 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1262K)| |Buy This Article|
Phosphorus Diffusion in Silicon Free from the Surface Effect under Extrinie Conditions
Department of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Keio University
1Musasltino Electrical Communication Laboratory, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Public Corporation
(Received May 15, 1975)
The behaviour of the diffusion coefficient of phosphorus in silicon free from the surface effect under extrinsic conditions has been studied. Diffusions are carried out at 900°C and 1100°C from the source of a thin layer of high concentration of phosphorus (∼5×1019 cm-3) inbedded in the interior of silicon. Diffusion coefficients, which are determined by a computer simulation,are larger than the intrinsic diffusion coefficient obtained by Ghoshtagore even in the low con-centration range of the impurity. The magnitude of the diffusion coefficients depends on the concentration of the impurity both at the interface and at the point in the bulk where they are determined. The former dependence is strong, being affected by the generation of the excessvacancy, while the latter is weak and is manifested by the built-in field effect.
- R. N. Ghoshtagore:
Phys. Rev. B3 (1971) 389[APS].
- M. L. Barry: J. Electrochem. Soc. 117 (1970) 1405.
- R. N. Ghoshtagore: Solid-State Electron. 17 (1974) 1065.
- R. N. Ghoshtagore: Solid-State Electron. 15 (1972) 1113.
- M. Yoshida, E. Arai, H. Nakamura and Y. Terunuma:
J. Appl. Phys. 45 (1974) 1498[AIP Scitation].
- H. Rausch, T. Bereznai and J. Bogancs: J. Tadioanl. Chem. 19 (1974) 77.
- F. M. Smits: Proc. IRE 46 (1958) 1049.
- E. Tannenbaum: Solid-State Electron. 2 (1961) 123.
- S. Maekawa: J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 17 (1962) 1592.
- J. C. C. Tsai: Proc. IEEE 57 (1969) 1499.
- N. D. Thai: Solid-State Electron. 13 (1970) 165.
- P. E. Bakeman and J. M. Borrego: J. Electrochem. Soc. 117 (1970) 688.
- F. J. Morin and J. P. Maita:
Phys. Rev. 96 (1954) 28[APS].
- R. L. Longini and R. F. Greene:
Phys. Rev. 102 (1956) 992[APS].