Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 15 (1976) pp. 1219-1227 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1523K)| |Buy This Article|
Rotating Boat System for Liquid Phase Epitaxial Growth of GaP Green Light-Emitting Diodes
Research Center, Sanyo Electric Co., Ltd.
(Received August 11, 1975)
A new rotating boat system for liquid phase epitaxial growth has been developed. This system can produce GaP green light-emitting diodes on a large scale. It's features are that large quantities of substrates can be treated for one batch processing, that the consumption of the Ga melt is small, that the growing surface is flat and mirror-like and that the quality of growth layers in each run is uniform. A single growth run by the overcompensation method, was used to prepare the green light-emitting junctions. An electroluminescence efficiency of 0.1% was routinely obtained and the maximum efficiency was 0.2% for an unencapsulated diode at a current density of 12.5 A/cm2.
- R. Solomon and D. DeFevere:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 21 (1972) 257[AIP Scitation].
- I. Ladany and H. Kressel: RCA Rev. 33 (1972) 517.
- For example, R. H. Saul and O. G. Lorimor: J. Cryst. Growth 27 (1974) 183.
- For example, M. B. Panish and S. Sumski: J. Phys. Chem. Solids 30 (1969) 192.
- O. G. Lorimor, W. H. Hackett, Jr. and R. Z. Bachrach: J. Electrochem. Soc. 130 (1973) 1424.
- A. A. Bergh, R. H. Saul and C. R. Paola: J. Electrochem. Soc. 120 (1973) 1558.
- M. Oshima, I. Nakano and T. Niina: Abstructs of the Spring Meeting of the Japan Society of Applied Physics, and of the Related Societies, March 1973, 28a P1 [in Japanese].
- A. Mottram and A. R. Peaker: J. Cryst. Growth 27 (1974) 193.
- O. G. Lorimor, R. H. Saul, L. R. Dawson and C. R. Paola: Solid-State Electron. 16 (1973) x289.
- W. A. Brantley, O. G. Lorimor, P. D. Dapkus, S. E. Haszko and R. H. Saul:
J. Appl. Phys. 46 (1975) 2629[AIP Scitation].
- D. G. Thomas and J. J. Hopfield:
Phys. Rev. 150 (1966) 680[APS].
- K. K. Shih, J. M. Woodall, S. E. Blum and L. F. Foster:
J. Appl. Phys. 39 (1968) 2962[AIP Scitation].
- R. H. Saul and D. D. Roccaseca: J. Electrochem. Soc. 120 (1973) 1128.
- R. A. Rogan, H. G. White and W. Wiegman: Solid-State Electron. 14 (1971) 55.
- E. C. Lightowlers, J. C. North and O. G. Lorimor:
J. Appl. Phys. 45 (1974) 2191[AIP Scitation].
- G. B. Stringfellow: J. Electrochem. Soc. 119 (1972) 1780.