Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 15 (1976) pp. 1271-1275 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (572K)| |Buy This Article|
The 1/f Fluctuation of a Traffic Current on an Expressway
Department of Applied Electronics, Tokyo Institute of Technology
(Received November 17, 1975; revised April 9, 1976)
It is observed that the fluctuation of a traffic current on an expressway obeys the 1/f law for low spectral frequencies. Under proper assumptions the variation of the car concentration is expressed by the Burgers nonlinear differential equation. The observed power spectrum is accounted for as a characteristic feature of the Burgers turbulence.
- F. A. Haight: Operations Res. 12 (1964) 976.
- K. Hida: J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 33 (1972) 817.
- M. J. Lighthill and G. B. Whitham: Proc. Roy. Soc. A229 (1955) 317.
- T. Musha: Physica 80A (1975) 387; R. F. Voss and J. Clarke:
Phys. Rev. B13 (1976) 556[APS].
- K. Hida: Nippon Koku Uchu Gakkaishi 28 (1971) 27 [in Japanese].
- H. Greenberg: Operations Res. 7 (1959) 79.
- K. Hida: Nippon Butsuri Gakkaishi 28 (1973) 101 [in Japanese].
- T. Tatsumi:
Rev. Mod. Phys. 32 (1960) 807[APS].
- T. Tatsumi and J. Mizushima: Lecture Notes of Res. Inst. Math. Sci., Kyoto Univ. 234 (1975) 53 [in Japanese].