Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 16 (1977) pp. 1313-1318 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1051K)| |Buy This Article|
Ion-Bombardment-Induced Improvement of Photoresist Mask Properties for RF Sputter-Etching
Central Research Laboratories, Nippon Electric Co., Ltd.
(Received March 15, 1977)
Ion-bombarded photoresists were found to have improved mask properties for sputter-etching. The photoresist bombarded with Ar ions with an intensity of the order of 1015 ions cm-2 has a smaller etching rate than the unbombarded photoresist and shows no traces of thermoplastic flow and no surface morphology degradation, even when it is sputter-etched without any intentional thermal contact, which is often made for preventing the photoresist mask degradation. Although reduction in the photoresist pattern dimensions and in the photoresist removal rate by the oxygen plasma ashing technique occurs when the photoresist is ion-bombarded, it is confirmed that these drawbacks do not impede the application of the improved photoresist. Delineation of fine gold patterns for an absorber for an X-ray lithography mask is demostrated as an example of the application of the improved photoresist mask for sputter-etching.
- P. D. Davidse: J. Electrochem. Soc. 116 (1969) 100.
- J. Krumme and H. Dimigin: IEEE Trans. Magn. MAG-9 (1973) 405.
- P. G. Glöersen: Solid State Technol. 19 (1976) April, 70.
- N. Hosokawa, R. Matsuzaki and T. Asamaki:
Proc. 6th Intern. Vacuum Congress, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 13 (1974) Suppl. 2, Pt. 1, [JSAP]p. 435.
- J. F. Gibbons, W. S. Johnson and S. W. Mylroie: Projected Range Statistics (Dowden, Hutchinson and Ross, Inc. Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, 1975) 2nd ed.
- G. F. Bahr, F. B. Johnson and E. Zeitler: Laboratory Investigation 14 (1965) 377.
- T. Koguchi, Y. Okuyama, T. Hashimoto and K. Yamamoto: The 11th Symposium on Semicond. and Intergrated Circuits Technol. held by the Electronic Materials Committee, the Electrochemical Soc. of Japan (Tokyo, November, 1976). Extended Abstracts p. 48 [in Japanese].
- T. Hashimoto, T. Koguchi, Y. Okuyama, K. Yamamoto, K. Takahata, M. Kamoshida and T. Yanagawa: International Electron Devices Meeting, Washington, D.C., 1976. Technical Digest p. 198.
- M. Cantagrel:
J. Vac. Sci. Technol. 12 (1975) 1340[AIP Scitation].
- Y. Wada, H. Usui and M. Ashihara:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 14 (1975) 1351[JSAP].
- P. D. Parry:
J. Vac. Sci. Technol. 13 (1976) 622[AIP Scitation].
- J. R. Maldonado, G. A. Coquin, D. Maydan and S. Somekh:
J. Vac. Sci. Technol. 12 (1975) 1329[AIP Scitation].