Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 16 (1977) pp. 1571-1575 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1430K)| |Buy This Article|
Annealing Effect in Tellurium Films
Faculty of Engineering, Yamagata University
(Received May 2, 1977)
Using electron microscopy, X ray diffraction techniques and Hall effect measurement, the annealing effect on the crystallinity and electronic properties of evaporated Te films was investigated as a function of annealing time and temperature. A very short-period (5 min) annealing in Ar gas at 320°C was found to be effective in improving both the crystallinity and electronic properties of small-grain Te films. The average grain size increased from 0.1 µm to 0.6 µm and the corresponding changes in the Hall mobility and carrier concentration were from 10 to 160 cm2·V-1·sec-1 and from 4×1018 to 6×1017 cm-3, respectively. Preferred orientation with the c axis parallel to the substrate also occurred during the course of recrystallization due to annealing at 320°C.
- P. K. Weimer: Proc. IEEE 52 (1964) 608.
- H. L. Wilson and W. A. Gutierrez: Proc. IEEE 55 (1967) 415.
- R. W. Dutton and R. S. Muller: Proc. IEEE 59 (1971) 1511.
- J. Conragan: Ph. D. Thesis, University of California, Berkeley, 1969.
- R. W. Dutton and R. S. Muller: Thin Solid Films 11 (1972) 229.
- M. J. Capers and M. White: Thin Solid Films 8 (1971) 353.
- M. J. Capers and M. White: Thin Solid Films 15 (1973) 5.
- E. J. Weidmann and J. C. Anderson: Thin Solid Films 7 (1971) 265.
- A. Goswami and S. M. Ojha: Thin Solid Films 16 (1973) 187.
- M. A. Dinno and M. Schwartz:
J. Appl. Phys. 45 (1974) 3328[AIP Scitation].
- K. Okuyama, H. Yamamoto and Y. Kumagai:
J. Appl. Phys. 46 (1975) 105[AIP Scitation].
- K. Okuyama and Y. Kumagai:
J. Appl. Phys. 46 (1975) 1473[AIP Scitation].
- K. Okuyama: Thin Solid Films 33 (1976) 165.
- K. Okuyama:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 15 (1976) 1807[JSAP].
- K. Okuyama and Y. Watanabe:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 15 (1976) 1881[JSAP].
- M. Janda and A. Kubovy: Phys. Status Solidi A 35 (1976) 391.
- K. Okuyama, J. Tsuhako and Y. Kumagai: Thin Solid Films 30 (1975) 119.