Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 16 (1977) pp. 1937-1940 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (425K)| |Buy This Article|
Study on Electron Traps in Polyethylene Terephthalate by Thermally Stimulated Current and Photo-Stimulated Detrapping Current Analyses
Department of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Nagoya University
(Received May 13, 1977)
Electron traps in PET photoelectret were investigated by the analyses of the thermally stimulated current (TSC) and the photo-stimulated detrapping current (PSDC). A broad peak of TSC was observed around -100°C at which the motion of the COO group was released and a plateau was observed around 0°C. The apparent activation energy of the former peak was estimated at about 0.23 eV by the partial heating technique.
On the other hand, PSDC spectra at -185°C showed an existence of deep traps at 2.3 eV, which could be thermally cleaned by heating only up to -70°C.
These facts clearly show the effect of molecular motions on the carrier detrapping process during heating.
- I. Boustead and A. Charlesby: Proc. Roy. Soc. (London) A318 (1970) 291.
- Y. Takai, K. Mori, T. Mizutani and M. Ieda:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 15 (1976) 2341[JSAP]; Y. Suzuoki, T. Mizutani, Y. Takai and M. Ieda:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 16 (1977) 1929[JSAP].
- Y. Takai, T. Osawa, K. C. Kao, T. Mizutani and M. Ieda:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 14 (1975) 473[JSAP].
- Y. Takai, T. Osawa, T. Mizutani, M. Ieda and and K. Kojima:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 15 (1976) 1597[JSAP].
- K. H. Illers and H. Breuer: J. Colloid Sci. 18 (1963) 1.
- B-S. Hsu and S-H. Kwan: J. Polym. Sci.: Polymer Phys. Ed. 14 (1976) 1591.
- T. Hino and Y. Kitamura, J.I.E.E. Japan 95-A (1975) [in Japanese] 71.
- Y. Hama, S. Okamoto and N. Tamura: Rept. Prog. Polym. Phys. Japan 7 (1964) 351.
- Y. Takai, K. Mori, T. Mizutani and M. Ieda: submitted to J. Polym. Sci.: Polymer Phys. Ed.