Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 16 (1977) pp. 1999-2006 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (934K)| |Buy This Article|
Experimentally Verified Characteristics of the INS Synchrotron Orbit Radiation in the Visible Spectrum
National Research Laboratory of Metrology
1Electrotechnical Laboratory, Tanashi Branch
2Rresearch Institute for Atomic Energy, Osaka City University
(Received July 15, 1977)
A series of precise measurements of radiant characteristics of the synchrotron orbit radiation (SOR) emitted from the electron synchrotron (ES) of the Institute of Nuclear Study, University of Tokyo, was carried out at wavelengths of 450, 600 and 750 nm, for the purpose of verifying the applicability of the SOR as a radiometric standard. The correlation coefficient between the SOR intensity and the number of electrons in the ES orbit was 0.971 on the average and good proportionality between them was observed. The ratio of the experimental value to the theoretical one was (1.0±0.1) for the absolute intensity on the optical axis and (0.98±0.05) for the half width at the half maximum of the angular distribution profile. The observed polarization characteristics were also in agreement with the theoretical ones.
- J. Schwinger:
Phys. Rev. 75 (1949) 1912[APS].
- T. Oshio, M. Sasanuma and T. Sasaki: Butsuri 22 (1967) 285 [in Japanese].
- T. Oshio and M. Sasanuma: Oyo Buturi 37 (1968) 43 [in Japanese].
- K. Codling and R. P. Madden:
J. Appl. Phys. 36 (1965) 380[AIP Scitation].
- D. Lemke and D. Labs: Appl. Opt. 6 (1967) 1043.
- P. J. Key: Metrologia 6 (1970) 97.
- D. Stuck and B. Wende: J. Opt. Soc. Am. 62 (1972) 96.
- H. Kaase:
J. Phys. E 8 (1975) 590[IoP STACKS].
- Optik 46 (1976) 149.
- D. Einfeld, D. Stuck, K. Behringer and P. Thomas: Z. Naturforsch. 31a (1976) 1131.
- M. Nishi, M. Suzuki, F. Sugawara, M. Habu, T. Nagasaka, H. Onuki, S. Hattori, Y. Morioka and T. Oshio:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 14 (1975) 1247[JSAP].
- T. Masuoka, T. Oshio, R. Iwanaga, H. Sonoda, Y. Morioka, M. Nakamura, A. Ejiri and H. Onuki:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 15 (1976) 1579[JSAP].
- H. Sonoda and T. Oshio: Uchu Hoshasen (Zettai Sokko) Symposium, Report of Symposium on Cosmic Radiation, Tokyo, 1974 (Institute of Space and Aeronautical Science, University of Tokyo, 1975) p. 103 [in Japanese].