Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 16 (1977) pp. 2011-2015 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1340K)| |Buy This Article|
A Constant-Load Tensile Device for an Ultra-High Voltage Electron Microscope and Its Applications to Materials Science
Research Center for Ultra-High Voltage Electron Microscopy, Osaka University
1Graduate School, Osaka University
(Received December 6, 1976)
A constant-load tensile device has been developed for in-situ deformation in an ultra-high voltage electron microscope.
The device has two electrostrictive elements which are set face to face with each other. The specimen mounted on two movable jaws is stretched by applying voltage to the elements. The applied load is set by controlling a Wheatstone bridge composed of two strain gauges and resistors, and a minute change in the load is automatically corrected with a feedback circuit which controls the voltage to the electrostrictive elements.
The device is placed on a universal goniometer stage. A heater located on the bottom of the universal goniometer stage heats the specimen up to about 200°C by radiant heat.
Experiments have been carried out to investigate the activation of dislocations under various conditions in aluminum single crystals.
- H. Fujita, T. Taoka, I. Iwanaga, Y. Sakamoto and S. Shibata: Trans, of National Inst. Metals 9 (1976) 1.
- H. Saka, T. Imura, N. Yukawa and I. Igarashi: J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 25 (1968) 609.
- T. Imura: Electron Microscopy and Structure of Materials (Univ. of California Press, Berkeley, 1972) p. 104.
- H. Saka, T. Imura and N. Yukawa:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 10 (1971) 1[JSAP].
- T. Takeuchi, S. Ikeda, S. Ikeno and E. Furubayashi:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 12 (1973) 142[JSAP].
- H. Saka, K. Noda and T. Imura: Crystal Lattice Defects 4 (1973) 45.
- H. Saka and T. Imura: J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 32 (1972) 702.
- E. Furubayashi: Trans. Japan Inst. Metals 9 (1968) Suppl. p. 939.
- H. Fujita: J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 26 (1969) 331.
- T. Tabata, H. Mori, H. Fujita and I. Ishikawa: J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 40 (1976) 1103.
- T. Tabata, H. Fujita, S. Yamamoto and T. Cyoji: J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 40 (1976) 792.
- F. Loachet and L. P. Kubin: Acta Metall. 23 (1975) 17.
- H. Matsui, H. Saka, H. Noda, K. Kimura and T. Imura: Scr. Metall. 8 (1974) 1205.
- M. H. Brown, M. S. Loveday, K. F. Hale and T. B. Gibbons: Proc. 5th European Congress on Electron Microscopy, Manchester (Institute of Physics, London, 1972) p. 328.
- T. Imura and H. Fujita: Electron Microscopy 10 (1975) 59 [in Japanese].
- H. Fujita: Bulletin of Japan Institute of Metals 14 (1975) 837 [in Japanese].