Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 16 (1977) pp. 2027-2036 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1039K)| |Buy This Article|
Excitation of Surface Electromagnetic Waves in a Magnetized Ferrite Sheet
Department of Electronics, Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto University
(Received February 14, 1977)
Electromagnetic wave excitation is analyzed on a metal-backed ferrite thin sheet magnetized in the plane by a current source placed parallel to the magnetic field. Not only magnetostatic modes as propagating modes, but also evanescent, leaky and radiation modes are excited. The propagation factor, attenuation factor, equi-phase surface, equi-amplitude surface and electric field intensity of each mode are derived. Since this structure has a non-reciprocal character by virtue of the applied static magnetic field, non-reciprocity of those modes is explained in detail.
- C. T. Tai:
J. Appl. Phys. 22 (1951) 405[AIP Scitation].
- B. Friedman and W. E. Williams: Proc. IEE 105 part C (1958) 252.
- J. W. Duncan: IRE Trans. MTT-7 (1959) 257.
- T. Tamir and A. A. Oliner: Proc. IEE 110 (1963) 310.
- R. E. Collin: Field Theory of Guided Waves (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1960) Chap. 11, p. 485.
- T. Tamir and A. A. Oliner: Proc. IEEE 51 (1963) 317.
- J. D. Adam and J. H. Collins: Proc. IEEE 64 (1976) 794.
- A. K. Ganguly and D. C. Webb: IEEE Trans. MTT-23 (1975) 998.
- T. J. Gerson and J. S. Nadan: IEEE Trans. MTT-22 (1974) 757.
- S. R. Seshadri: Proc IEEE 58 (1970) 506.
- K. Araki, T. Koyama and Y. Naito: IECE MW74-105 (1974) 29 [in Japanese].
- G. N. Watson: A Treatise on the Theory of Bessel Functions (Cambride Univ. Press., 1966) p. 180.