Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 19 (1980) pp. 1027-1031 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (538K)| |Buy This Article|
Raman Scattering in Amorphous As-Se System
Institute of Applied Physics, The University of Tsukuba
(Received December 17, 1979)
Raman spectra of amorphous AsxSe1-x system (0≤x≤0.5) were measured and the spectra were interpreted with the molecular model of Lucovsky and Martin. In the Se-rich region the observed Raman spectra are well reproduced by the superposition of the Raman intensity of pure Se, As2Se3 and As2Se4 in proportion to x. In the As-rich region the Raman spectrum at x=0.45 is well described by the average of those at x=0.4 and 0.5.
The amorphous state of AsxSe1-x for 0<x<0.4 is shown to be composed of a Se8 ring, Sen chain, AsSe3 unit and As2Se4 unit.
In the As-rich region, the local structure change due to the substitution of As and Se is small.
- R. J. Nemanich, G. A. N. Connell, T. M. Hayes and R. A. Street:
Phys. Rev. B 18 (1979) 6900[APS].
- S. A. Solin: Structure and Excitation of Amorphous Solids, eds. G. Lucovsky and F. L. Galeener (AIP, New York, 1976) p. 205.
- G. N. Papatheodorou and S. A. Solin: Solid State Commun. 16 (1975) 5;
Phys. Rev. B 13 (1976) 1741[APS].
- R. Zallen, M. Slade and A. T. Ward:
Phys. Rev. B 3 (1971) 4257[APS].
- G. Lucovsky:
Phys. Rev. B 6 (1972) 1480[APS].
- R. J. Kobliska and Solin:
Phys. Rev. B 8 (1973) 756[APS].
- D. Treacy and R. C. Taylor:
Phys. Rev. B 11 (1975) 2941[APS].
- G. Lucovsky and R. Martin: J. Non-Cryst. Solids 8–10 (1972) 185.
- J. Cernogora, F. Mollot, C. Benoit and M. Jouanne: Solid State Commun. 19 (1976) 465.
- P. J. S. Ewen, M. J. Sik and A. E. Owen: The Structure of Non-Crystalline Materials (Taylor and Francis, 1977) p. 127.
- J. Schottmiller, M. Tabak, G. Lucovsky and A. Ward:
J. Non-Cryst. Solids 4 (1970) 80[CrossRef].
- C. H. Hurst and E. A. Davis: J. Non-Cryst. Solids 16 (1974) 343.
- M. Kawarada and Y. Nishina:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 14 (1975) 1519[JSAP].