Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 19 (1980) pp. L519-L522 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (430K)| |Buy This Article|
Study of Photo-Induced Effect in Obliquely-Deposited Amorphous Ge-Se Films by XPS
Department of Applied Physics, Faculty of Engineering, Hokkaido University
(Received June 30, 1980; revised June 24, 1980)
Amorphous GeSe, GeSe2 and GeSe3 films were investigated by XPS. Binding energies and chemical shifts of the 3d and 3p electrons of the constituent elements were measured. It was found that obliquely-deposited GeSe3 films contain four(Ge)-two(Se) fold and three(Ge)-three(Se) fold bondings, while normally-deposited films have the former type bonding alone. Photo-induced chemical shifts of obliquely-deposited GeSe3 films are attributable to a transformation from the four(Ge)-two(Se) fold bonds to the three(Ge)-three(Se) bonds. The mechanism of thephoto-induced effect is described.
- B. Sing, S. Rajagopalan, P. K. Bhat, D. K. Pandya and K. L. Chopra: Solid State Commun. 29 (1979) 167.
- S. Rajagopalan, B. Singh, P. K. Bhat, D. K. Pandya and K. L. Chopra:
J. Appl. Phys. 50 (1979) 489[AIP Scitation].
- B. Singh, S. Rajagopalan and K. L. Chopra:
J. Appl. Phys. 51 (1980) 1768[AIP Scitation].
- H. Kawamura and M. Matsumura: Solid State Commun. 32 (1979) 83.
- H. Kawamura, M. Matsumura and S. Ushioda: J. Non-Cryst. Solids 35–36 (1980) 1215.
- T. A. Carlson: Photoelectron and Auger Spectroscopy (Plenum Press, New York, 1975) p. 167.
- S. Hino, T. Takahashi and Y. Harada: Solid State Commun. to be published.
- T. Takahashi, Y. Harada and S. Hino: Solid State Commun. 30 (1979) 635.
- T. Kitahara and T. Arai:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 18 (1979) 1635[JSAP].
- R. W. Phillips: J. Colloid & Interface Sci. 47 (1974) 687.