Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 21 (1982) pp. 1273-1277 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1055K)| |Buy This Article|
Effect of Ultrasonic Vibrations on InSb Pulled Crystals
Research Institute of Electronics, Shizuoka University
(Received February 13, 1982; accepted for publication June 19, 1982)
InSb single crystals were pulled from the melt by the Czochralski method. During the growth of the crystals, ultrasonic vibrations were introduced into the melt through the carbon crucible. The facet region at the center of the pulled crystals shifted to the periphery of the crystals and simultaneously decreased in size, because the ultrasonic vibrations stirred the melt and raised its temperature. Furthermore, the difference in the values of the spreading resistance between the facet and the off-facet regions also decreased. These results indicate that inhomogeneous distributions of impurity concentration in the crystals were improved by the introduction of ultrasonic vibrations.
- J. B. Mullin, in: Compound Semiconductors, eds. R. Willardson and H. L. Goering (Reinhold, New York, 1962) Vol. 1, p. 378.
- A. F. Witt and H. C. Gatos: J. Electrochem. Soc. 113 (1966) 808.
- M. Kumagawa and N. V. Quang:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 19 (1980) 2509[JSAP].
- A. F. Witt: J. Mater. Sci. 5 (1970) 822.
- A. F. Witt, H. C. Gatos, K. Lichtensteiger, M. C. Lavine and C. J. Herman: J. Electrochem. Soc. 122 (1975) 276.
- E. P. Martin and A. F. Witt: J. Electrochem. Soc. 126 (1979) 284.
- M. Kumagawa, H. Oka, N. V. Quang and Y. Hayakawa:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 19 (1980) 753[JSAP].
- W. P. Allred and R. T. Bate: J. Electrochem. Soc. 108 (1961) 258.
- N. V. Quang, Y. Hayakawa, F. Ishino, Y. Sone and M. Kumagawa: Abstr. 41st Autumn Meet. Jpn. Soc. Appl. Phys., 1980, p. 611.
- R. G. Mazur and D. H. Dickey: J. Electrochem. Soc. 113 (1966) 255.