Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 21 (1982) pp. 1370-1372 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (487K)| |Buy This Article|
Neutron Small-Angle Scattering from Single-Walled Liposomes of Egg Phosphatidylcholine
Faculty of Integrated Arts and Sciences, Hiroshima University
(Received April 26, 1982; accepted for publication June 19, 1982)
Neutron small-angle scattering from single-walled liposomes of egg phosphatidylcholine in D2O solution has been measured in order to determine the geometry of the sonicated small liposomes. The results show that the inner and outer radii or the liposomes are 60 and 100 Å, respectively, and that the statistical deviation or the radius amounts to 20% of the average value of the outer radius.
- C. Huang: Biochemistry 8 (1969) 344.
- A. D. Bangham, M. W. Hill and N. G. A. Miller: Methods Membrane Biol. 1 (1974) 225.
- C. Huang and J. P. Charlton: Biochem. & Biophys. Res. Commun. 46 (1972) 1660.
- Y. Toyoshima and T. E. Thompson: Biochemistry 14 (1975) 1525.
- J. T. Mason and C. Huang: Ann. New York Acad. Sci. 308 (1978) 29.
- S. Komura, T. Takeda, H. Fujii, K. Osamura, K. Mochiki and K. Hasegawa: to be published in Proc. Yamada Conf. VI Neutron Scattering of Condensed Matters, Hakone, 1982, Physica B.
- Y. K. Levine and M. H. F. Wilkins: Nature-New Biol. 230 (1971) 69.
- C. P. Smith, A. P. Tulloch, G. W. Stockton, S. Schreier, A. Joyce, K. W. Butler, Y. Boulanger, B. Blackwell and L. G. Bennett: Ann. New York Acad. Sci. 308 (1978) 8.