Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 21 (1982) pp. 848-855 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1685K)| |Buy This Article|
Nb–Te–Nb Josephson mm-Wave Mixer Characteristics and Analysis
Musashino Electrical Communication Laboratory, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Public Corporation
(Received January 29, 1982; accepted for publication March 20, 1982)
An mm-wave mixing integrated circuit with a Josephson junction has been fabricated. An Nb–Te–Nb sandwich-type Josephson junction with no hysteresis on its I-V curve was used as the active element. Both RF and IF circuits were constructed in the form of superconducting microstriplines using an Si wafer as the dielectric layer. The circuit was tested at a signal frequency of 50 GHz, and the conversion efficiency η was measured at -7.44 dB, for a junction with a 0.42 mV ICRN product. The measured efficiency showed good ageement with the theoretical one calculated using the RSJ model and taking the impedance of the RF source into account.
- Y. Taur, J. H. Claassen and P. L. Richards: IEEE Trans. Microwave Theory & Tech. MTT-22 (1974) 1005.
- Y. Taur and A. R. Kerr:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 32 (1978) 775[AIP Scitation].
- G. C. Grimes and S. Shapiro:
Phys. Rev. 169 (1968) 397[APS].
- T. M. Shen and P. L. Richards: IEEE Trans. Magn. MAG-17 (1981) 677.
- T. G. Philips, D. P. Woody, G. T. Dolan, R. E. Miller and R. A. Linke: IEEE Trans. Magn. MAG-17 (1981) 684.
- D. A. Weitz, W. J. Skocpol and M. Tinkham:
J. Appl. Phys. 49 (1978) 4873[AIP Scitation].
- K. Nagata, S. Uehara, A. Matsuda and H. Takayanagi: IEEE Trans. Magn. MAG-17 (1981) 771.
- K. Nagata, H. Takayanagi and S. Uehara:
J. Appl. Phys. 52 (1981) 4852[AIP Scitation].
- J. H. Claassen and P. L. Richards:
J. Appl. Phys. 49 (1978) 4117[AIP Scitation].
- Y. Taur: IEEE Trans. Electron Devices ED-27 (1980) 1921.
- J. Kadlec, K. H. Gundlach and H. J. Hartfuss: Infrared Phys. 19 (1979) 329.
- P. Russer:
J. Appl. Phys. 43 (1972) 2008[AIP Scitation].
- F. Auracher and T. Van Duzer:
J. Appl. Phys. 44 (1973) 848[AIP Scitation].