Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 24 (1985) pp. L24-L26 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (385K)| |Buy This Article|
Photoconductive Amorphous Silicon-Carbide Produced by Intermediate Species SiF2 and CF4 Mixture
Department of Physical Electronics, Hiroshima University
(Received October 26, 1984; accepted for publication December 15, 1984)
A new type of amorphous silicon-carbide film is produced by the glow discharge decomposition of an intermediate species SiF2, CF4 and H2 gas mixture. Optical band gap and photoconductive properties of this film are measured as a function of carbon content. It is found that the optical band gap can be increased up to 2.2 eV by increasing carbon content without apparent degradation of film properties such as photoconductivity and photosensitivity.
- Y. Tawada: Amorphous Semiconductor Techniques and Devices, ed. Y. Hamakawa, (Ohm and North-Holland , Tokyo, 1983), Chap. 4.
- G. Nakamura, K. Ishihara, M. Usui, K. Okaniwa and Y. Yukimoto: J. Non-Cryst. Solids 59 & 60 (1983) 1111.
- K. Nozawa, Y. Yamaguchi, J. Hanna and I. Shimizu: J. Non-Cryst. Solids 59 & 60 (1983) 533.
- H. Matsumura, T. Uesugi and H. Ihara: Extended Abstracts of the 16th Int. Conf. on Solid State Devices and Materials, Kobe, 1984, (Business Center for Academic Societies Japan, Tokyo, 1984) p. 535.
- M. Janai, S. Aftergood, R. B. Weil and B. Pratt: J. Electrochem. Soc. 128 (1981) 2660.
- H. Matsumura and S. Furukawa: J. Non-Cryst. Solids 59 & 60 (1983) 739.
- N. F. Mott and E. A. Davis: Electronic Processes in Noncrystalline Materials, 2nd edition (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1979), Chap. 7.
- A. Matsuda, M. Matsumura, S. Yamasaki, H. Yamamoto, T. Imura and H. Okushi:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 20 (1981) L183[JSAP].