Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 25 (1986) pp. 1134-1135 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (257K)| |Buy This Article|
Magnetic Anisotropy and Magneto-Optical Properties of Iron Oxide Films
Department of Control Engineering, Faculty of Engineering Science, Osaka University
1Department of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Setsunan University
(Received April 21, 1986; accepted for publication May 24, 1986)
Iron oxide films were prepared by rf diode sputtering. Magnetic and magneto-optical properties of the iron oxide films are discussed. Perpendicular anisotropy was induced in sputtered iron oxide films (typically Ku=2×105 erg/cm3). This perpendicular anisotropy was lost by annealing in air. The value of the Faraday constant θf was typically 2×104 deg/cm at 633 nm. The absorption coefficient α was 105 cm-1 at 0.4-2.4 µm.
- M. Gomi, T. Tanida and M. Abe:
J. Appl. Phys. 57 (1985) 3888[AIP Scitation].
- J. W. D. Martens and A. B. Voermans: IEEE Trans. Magn. MAG-20 (1984) 1007.
- H. Machida, F. Ohmi, Y. Sawada, Y. Kaneko, A. Watada and H. Nakamura: J. Magn. & Magn. Mater. 54–57 (1986) 1399.
- O. Ishii, F. Yoshimura and A. Terada:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 23 (1984) L245[JSAP].
- Y. Hoshi and M. Naoe: Tech. Rep. Inst Electron. Commun. & Eng. Jpn. MR85-15 (1985) [in Japanese].
- Y. Morikawa, T. Namikawa and Y. Yamazaki: J. Mag. Soc. Jpn. 9 (1985) 219 [in Japanese].