Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 25 (1986) pp. 1514-1517 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (692K)| |Buy This Article|
Magnetoresistance in Crystalline and Amorphous Fe-Co-Ni Based Alloys
Department of Crystalline Materials Science, Faculty of Engineering, Nagoya University
(Received May 14, 1986; accepted for publication July 19, 1986)
The ferromagnetic anisotropy of electrical resistivity (FAR) has been measured at 300 and 77 K, together with the saturation magnetization nB, the Curie temperature and the temperature coefficient of resistivity (TCR), for a large number of (Fe-Co-Ni)-X alloys in fcc, bcc and amorphous phases. Several empirical rules are presented. (1) The FAR is found to be correlated not only with nB but also with the resistivity. In the low-resistivity regime the FAR reaches a maximum at about nB=1.0. The maximum becomes suppressed with increasing resistivity. In the high-resistivity regime, into which the amorphous alloys are grouped, the FAR increases monotonically with increasing magnetization. (2) The FAR value decreases rapidly with increasing resistivity. The value in the amorphous phase is one to two orders of magnitude smaller than that in the low-resistivity alloys. (3) Both FAR and TCR are closely interrelated; an increase in the FAR is always accompanied with an increase in TCR.
- For example, J.-P. Jan: Solid State Physics, eds. F. Seitz and D. Turnbull, (Academic Press, New York, 1957) vol. 5, p. 1.
- Y. Obi, H. Fujimori and H. Morita: Sci. Rep. RITU A26 (1977) 214.
- S. N. Kaul and M. Rosenberg:
Phys. Rev. B27 (1983) 5698[APS].
- M. Naka, R. Kern and U. Gonser:
J. Appl. Phys. 52 (1981) 1448[AIP Scitation].
- Y. S. Yao, S. Arajs and S. T. Lin:
J. Appl. Phys. 53 (1982) 2258[AIP Scitation].
- J. Yamasaki, H. Fukunaga and K. Narita:
J. Appl. Phys. 52 (1981) 2202[AIP Scitation].
- L. Berger: Physica 91B (1977) 31.
- K. P. Gupta, C. H. Cheng and P. A. Beck: J. Phys. Chem. Solids 25 (1964) 73.
- D. G. Onn:
J. Appl. Phys. 52 (1981) 1788[AIP Scitation].
- U. Mizutani and M. Takeuchi:
J. Phys. F16 (1986) 79[IoP STACKS].
- J. Smit:
Physica 17 (1951) 612[CrossRef].
- I. A. Campbell, A. Fert and O. Jaoul:
J. Phys. C 3 (1970) S95[IoP STACKS].
- H. C. van Elst:
Physica 25 (1959) 708[CrossRef].