Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 26 (1987) pp. L142-L144 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (513K)| |Buy This Article|
Cleaning of MBE GaAs Substrates by Hydrogen Radical Beam Irradiation
Optoelectronics Joint Research Laboratory
(Received December 15, 1986; accepted for publication January 24, 1987)
Hydrogen radical beam cleaning of substrates for GaAs MBE growth has been studied. The cleaning effects of carbon and oxygen contaminated by exposure to air and a lower-grade vacuum were investigated using Auger electron spectroscopy (AES), capacitance-voltage (C-V) carrier profiling, and secondary ion mass spectrometry (SIMS). AES signals of contaminants decreased to the detection limit with hydrogen radical irradiation. Carrier depletion around the growth interface was also reduced with decreasing carbon density.
- N. J. Kawai, C. E. C. Wood and L. F. Eastman:
J. Appl. Phys. 53 (1982) 6208[AIP Scitation].
- A. Takamori, E. Miyauchi, H. Arimoto, T. Morita, Y. Bamba and H. Hashimoto: Proc. 12th Int. Symp. Gallium Arsenide and Related Compounds, Karuizawa, 1985 (Adam Hilger Ltd, Bristol, 1986) p. 247.
- A. Takamori, E. Miyauchi, H. Arimoto, Y. Bamba, T. Morita and H. Hashimoto:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 24 (1984) L414[JSAP].
- H. Takasugi, Y. Iimura and M. Kawabe: Extended Abstracts of the 17th Conference on Solid State Devices and Materials (Business Center for Academic Societies Japan, Tokyo, 1985) p. 209.
- A. Takamori, E. Miyauchi, H. Arimoto, Y. Bamba and H. Hashimoto:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 23 (1984) L599[JSAP].
- K. Asakawa and S. Sugata: Proc. 12th Int. Symp. Gallium Arsenide and Related Compounds. Karuizawa, 1985 (Adam Hilger Ltd, Bristol, 1986) p. 373.
- K. Asakawa and S. Sugata:
J. Vac. Sci. & Technol. A 4 (1986) 677[AIP Scitation].