Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 26 (1987) pp. L3-L6 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (615K)| |Buy This Article|
Investigation on Optical Matching of a Soft X-Ray Undulator with Some Condenser Fresnel Zone Plates
Photon Factory, National Laboratory for High Energy Physics
1Faculty of Engineering Science, Osaka University
(Received September 3, 1986; accepted for publication December 17, 1986)
Optical matching characteristics of undulator radiation with some condenser zone plates were investigated in the soft X-ray region using an undulator beamline at the Photon Factory. It was confirmed that the monochromatization of the first harmonic of the undulator radiation was made by meams of a system consisting of a zone plate and a pinhole, but the transmission efficiency and the wavelength resolution of the system were lower than expected. Analyses show that the results can be attributed to the finite source size of the undulator radiation which is determined by the present storage ring operation and also to the longer focal lengths of the zone plates used. It was also found that the virtual source point of the undulator radiation should be assigned at the position of the undulator itself.
- See for example, H. Kitamura, S. Tamamushi, T. Yamakawa, S. Sato, Y. Miyahara, G. Isoyama, H. Nishimura, A. Mikuni, S. Mitani, H. Maezawa, Y. Suzuki, H. Kanamori and T. Sasaki:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 21 (1982) 1728[JSAP].
- B. Niemam, D. Rudolph and G. Schmahl: Nucl. Instr. and Meth. 208 (1983) 367.
- B. Niemann, V. Sarafis, D. Rudolph, G. Schmahl, W. Meyer-Llse and P. Guttmam: Nucl. lnstr. and Meth. A246 (1986) 675.
- Y. G. Su, S. J. Fu and Y. W. Zhang: Nucl. Instr. and Meth. A246 (1986) 655.
- H. Rarback, S. Krinsky, P. Mortazavi, D. Shu, J. Kirz, C. Jacobsen and M. Howells: Nucl. lnstr. and Meth. A246 (1986) 159.
- D. Attwood, K. Halbach and K. J. Kim: Science 228 (1985) 1265
- See for example, H. Winick, G. Brown, K. Halbach and J. Harris: Phys. Today 34 (1981) 50.
- H. Maezawa, Y. Suzuki, H. Kitamura and T. Sasaki: Nucl. lnstr. and Meth. A246 (1986) 82.
- H. Maezawa, Y. Suzuki, H. Kitamura and T. Sasaki: Appl. Opt. 25 (1986) 3260.
- H. Aritome, H. Aoki and S. Namba:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 23 (1984) L434[JSAP].
- M. Yanagihara, H. Maezawa, T. Sasaki, Y. Suzuki and Y. Iguchi: KEK Report 84-17, Dec. 1984.
- H. Maezawa, S. Nakai, S. Mitani, H. Noda, T. Namioka and T. Sasaki: Nucl. Instr. and Meth. A246 (1986) 310.
- M. Sekimoto, A. Ozawa, T. Ohkubo and H. Yoshihara: Extended Abstracts of 16th (1984 International) Conf. Solid Devices & Materials, Kobe, 1984 (Business Center for Academic Societies Japan, Tokyo, 1984) p. 23.
- B. Niemann, D. Rudolph and G. Schmahl: Opt. Commun. 12 (1974) 160.