Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 26 (1987) pp. L869-L870 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (259K)| |Buy This Article|
Studies on the Thermal Behavior of Ba2YCu3O7-x by X-Ray Powder Diffraction Method
National Institute for Research in Inorganic Materials
(Received April 15, 1987; accepted for publication April 25, 1987)
Thermal behavior of Ba2YCu3O7-x was investigated mainly by X-ray powder diffraction method between 70 K and 1173 K. Oxygen-rich(x∼0.5) specimen is orthorhombic in symmetry in the temperature range between 70 K and 943 K. It undergoes a phase transition to tetragonal form at 943 K or 783 K in air or N2 gas, respectively. On the other hand, oxygen-poor specimen(x∼1.0) semiconductive down to 4.2 k is tetragonal up to 1173 K in N2 gas. Thermal expansion coefficient of a cell parameter is about 1.1 × 10-5 K-1 and that of c cell parameter is 2.5 × 10,,5 K-1, in air.
- C. W. Chu, P. H. Hor, R. L. Meng, L. Gao, Z. J. Huang, Y. Q. Wang, J. Bechald and D. Carnbell: (preprint).
- S. Hikami, T. Hirai and S. Kagoshima:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 26 (1987) L314[JSAP].
- A. Ono and M. Tsutsumi: Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn. (1987).
- F. Izumi, H. Asano, T. Ishigaki, A. Ono and F. P. Okamura: Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 26 (1987) No. 5.
- F. Izumi, H. Asan9, T. Ishigaki: Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 26 (1987) No. 5.
- T. Siegrist, S. Sunshine, D. W. Murphy, R. J. Cava and S. M. Zahurak: Phys. Rev. Lett. (1987).
- F. P. Okamura, S. Sueno, I. Nakai and A. Ono: Mater. Res. Bull. (1987).
- A. Ono and T. Tanaka: Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. (1987).