Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) pp. 1782-1783 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (438K)| |Buy This Article|
Breakdown Characteristics of SF6-N2 Mixture in High Nonuniform Field Gap under Pulse Voltage
Department of Electrical Engineering, Himeji Institute of Technology
(Received May 27, 1988; accepted for publication July 23, 1988)
The corona and breakdown characteristics of gas mixtures were investigated in a positive needle gap, using µs pulse voltage with various rise times. The breakdown voltage reached a maximum value as the rise time increased, and reduced at longer rise times. An extremely high breakdown voltage was obtained with the addition of a very small percentage of SF6 to N2.
- M. C. Siddagangappa, C. S. Lakshminrasimha and M. S. Naidu:
J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 16 (1983) 763[IoP STACKS].
- Y. Oui, A. Sun and E. Kuffel: IEEE Trans. Electr. Eng. 119 (1972) 763.
- P. J. Chantry and R. E. Wootton:
J. Appl. Phys. 52 (1981) 2731[AIP Scitation].
- S. R. Hunter and L. G. Christophorou:
J. Appl. Phys. 57 (1985) 4377[AIP Scitation].
- S. Okabe and T. Kouno:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 25 (1986) 453[JSAP].
- R. K. Asundi and J. D. Craggs: Proc. Phys. Soc. 83 (1964) 611.
- K. Amakawa, H. Nakayama, M. Onoda and S. Kuroda:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 24 (1985) 1245[JSAP].
- H. Anis and K. D. Srivastava: IEEE Trans. Electr. Insul. EI-16 (1981) 552.