Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) pp. 2094-2097 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (571K)| |Buy This Article|
Electrical and Optical Properties of Stannite-Type Quaternary Semiconductor Thin Films
Department of Electronics, Faculty of Engineering, Shinshu University
(Received June 24, 1988; accepted for publication September 17, 1988)
Quaternary stannite-type semiconductor films of Cu2CdSnS4 and Cu2ZnSnS4 with (112) orientation were deposited on heated glass substrates using atom beam sputtering. These p-type films showed resistivities which were decreasing functions of the substrate temperature up to 240°C. The films had an absorption coefficient larger than 1 × 104 cm-1 in the visible wavelength range. The direct optical band gaps of the (112) oriented polycrystalline films were estimated as 1.06 eV and 1.45 eV for Cu2CdSnS4 and Cu2ZnSnS4, respectively.
- W. E. Devaney, R. A. Mickelsen and W. S. Chen: Conf. Rec. 18th IEEE Photovoltaic Spec. Conf. (IEEE, 1985) p. 1733.
- R. Nitsche, D. F. Sargent and P. Wild:
J. Cryst. Growth 1 (1967) 52[CrossRef].
- W. Schäfer and R. Nitsche: Mater. Res. Bull. 9 (1974) 645.
- S. Wagner and P. M. Bridenbaugh: J. Cryst. Growth 39 (1977) 151.
- JCPDS (Joint Committee on Powder Diffraction Standards) card 26–575.
- D. L. Greenaway and G. Harbeke: Optical Properties and Band Structure of Semiconductors (Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1968).
- D. Adler: Amorphous Semiconductors (The Chemical Rubber Co., London, 1972).
- J. J. Loferski:
J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1956) 777[AIP Scitation].