Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) pp. 2360-2367 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1279K)| |Buy This Article|
Seed-Atom Density Profiles in a Boundary Layer on a Flat Plate in MHD Combustion Gas Plasmas
1Department of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Kyushu University
2Department of Energy Conversion Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering Sciences, Kyushu University
(Received September 1, 1988; accepted for publication October 22, 1988)
Density profiles of potassium (K) were measured experimentally in a boundary layer on a cooled metal flat plate, and the K density was found to be higher than the estimated value without chemical reactions. Results of the boundary layer simulation with reactions and transport of chemical species showed that this enrichment of the K density was caused when the chemical species densities largely deviated from their thermochemical equilibrium values. The simulation also showed that this phenomenon might appear in a viscous sublayer in a turbulent boundary layer of an actual MHD power generation channel.
- M. S. Benilov, I. A. Vasil'eva, V. I. Kovbasyuk, V. F. Kosov, R. V. Kosova, B. V. Rogov, V. A. Sinel'schikov, I. A. Sokolova and G. A. Tirskii: High Temp. 24 (1986) 337.
- Y. Watanabe, T. Ikegami, T. Ueno, M. Masuda and M. Akazaki:
Rev. Sci. Instrum. 58 (1987) 1632[AIP Scitation].
- G. F. Kirkbright and M. Sargent: Atomic Absorption and Fluorescence Spectroscopy (Academic Press, London, 1972).
- S. V. Patankar and D. B. Spalding: Heat and Mass Transfer in Boundary Layers (Intertext Books, London, 1970) 2nd ed.
- T. Kutsuwada and K. Takano: Kagaku Kougaku 1 (1975) 628 [in Japanese].
- S. E. Haaland: Numer. Heat Transfer 7 (1984) 39.
- D. I. Lamden and M. B. Reznikov: Zh. Prikl. Mekh. & Tekh. Fiz. 26 (1985) 671.
- D. E. Jensen and G. A. Jones: Combust. Flame 32 (1978) 1.
- D. R. Stull and H. Prophet: JANAF Thermochemical Tables (NSRDS-NBS37, Washington DC, 1971) 2nd ed.
- M. W. Chase, J. L. Curnutt, A. T. Hu, H. Prophet, A. N. Syverud and L. C. Walker: J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data 3 (1974) 311.
- M. W. Chase, Jr., J. L. Curnutt, J. R. Downey, Jr., R. A. McDonald, A. N. Syverud and E. A. Valenzuela: J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data 11 (1982) 695.
- T. R. Marrero and E. A. Mason: J. Phys. Chem. Ref. Data 1 (1972) 3.
- J. A. Silver:
J. Chem. Phys. 81 (1984) 5125[AIP Scitation].
- J. P. Holman: Heat Transfer (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1976).