Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) pp. 2378-2382 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1132K)| |Buy This Article|
Joule Loss on a Faraday Shield of JT-60 ICRF Test Antenna
Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute
(Received August 3, 1988; accepted for publication October 22, 1988)
Joule loss on a Faraday shield of JT-60 ICRF test antenna with a conductive casing is investigated at the frequency range of 120 MHz. The magnetic field radiated from the antenna is measured by three-dimensionally scanning an rf probe both inside and outside the antenna casing. The magnetic field perpendicular to the Faraday shield, Bx, is found to be the largest component near the Faraday shield. It consequently gives the major part of the joule loss on the Faraday shield. The temperature distribution of the Faraday shield due to joule loss is measured directly with a thermocamera. It is confirmed that the area of the high temperature rise is consistent with the peak positions of the Bx field. Faraday shield resistance which is estimated from power measurements agrees with the theoretical value.
- H. Kimura, K. Odajima, S. Iizuka, S. Sengoku, T. Sugie, K. Takahashi, H. Takeuchi, T. Yamauchi, K. Kumagai, H. Matsumoto, T. Matsuda, K. Ohasa, S. Yamamoto, K. Anno, T. Shibata, H. Sunaoshi, H. Hiratsuka, K. Yokoyama, A. Funahashi, T. Nagashima, H. Maeda and Y. Shimomura: Proc. 8th Int. Conf. Plasma Physics and Controlled Nuclear Fusion Research, Brussels, 1980 (IAEA, Vienna, 1981) Vol. II, p. 105.
- F. W. Baity and T. L. Owens: IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci. PS-11 (1983) 19.
- L. Bral and G. Van Oost: IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci. PS-11 (1983) 251.
- C. M. Fortgang and D. Q. Hwang: IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci. PS-13 (1985) 569.
- Y. Sato, K. Sawaya and S. Adachi: J. Int. Conf. Antennas, Nice (1986) 463.
- The JET Team presented by J. Jacquinot: Proc. 11th Int. Conf. Plasma Physics and Controlled Nuclear Fusion Research Kyoto, 1986 (IAEA, Vienna, 1987) Vol. I, p. 449.
- H. Kimura and JT-60 Team: Proc. 14th Europ. Conf Controlled Fusion and Plasma Physics, Madrid, 1987 (EPS, 1987) Vol. 11D, Pt. 3, p. 857.
- T. Nagashima, K. Uehara, H. Kimura, T. Imai, T. Fujii, K. Sakamoto, Y. Ikeda, M. Saigusa, N. Suzuki, M. Honda, K. Yokokura, K. Kiyono, M. Sawahata, K. Suganuma, M. Seki and H. Shirakata: Fusion Eng. & Design 5 (1987) 101.
- H. Kimura T. Fujii, Y. Ikeda, M. Saigusa, T. Imai, K. Sakamoto, M. Nakanishi, K. Odajima, K. Uehara and T. Nagashima: Proc. 4th Int. Symp. Heating in Toroidal Plasmas, Rome, 1984 (Int. School Plasma Physics, Varenna, 1984) Vol. II, p. 1128.
- D. W. Faulconer:
J. Appl. Phys. 54 (19B3) 3810[AIP Scitation].