Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) pp. L1041-L1043 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1277K)| |Buy This Article|
High-Tc Phase Promoted and Stabilized in the Bi, Pb-Sr-Ca-Cu-O System
Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University
1Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Engineering, Okayama University
2Department of Metal Science and Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto University
3Department of Mathematics and Physics, The National Defense Academy
(Received May 13, 1988; accepted for publication May 24, 1988)
Partial substitution of Pb for Bi in the Bi-Sr-Ca-Cu-O system has been found to sharply increase the volume fraction of the high-Tc phase when both the starting material (coprecipitated oxalate being used in the present study) and the heating process are appropriate. The sharp powder X-ray diffraction pattern obtained from well-grown particles, 5∼10 µm wide and 0.5 µm thick typically, was assigned to an orthorhombic cell with a=0.537 nm, b=2.682 nm, and c=3.726 nm. The electrical resistance dropped to zero at 107 K within the experimental limit of 10-6 Ω. A large diamagnetic response in the ac susceptibility due to the Meissner effect was seen below 120 K. The dominance of the high-Tc phase over the low-Tc phase was roughly estimated at 9/1 in volume.
KEYWORDS:high-Tc$ superconductor, Bi, Pb-Sr-Ca-Cu-O system, coprecipitated oxalate, ac susceptibility
- H. Maeda, T. Tanaka, M. Fukutomi and T. Asano:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) L209[JSAP].
- E. Takayama-Muromachi, Y. Uchida, Y. Matsui, M. Onoda and K. Kato: Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988).
- Y. Ikeda, Y. Ohue, K. Inaba, M. Takano and Y. Bando: to be published in J. Jpn. Soc. Powder and Powder Met.
- T. Ishida and H. Mazaki:
Phys. Rev. B20 (1979) 131 [AIP Scitation]
and J. Appl. Phys. 52 (1981) 6798[AIP Scitation].
- H. Kitaguchi, M. Ohno, M. Kaichi, J. Takada, A. Osaka, Y. Miura, Y. Ikeda, M. Takano, Y. Bando, Y. Takeda, R. Kanno and O. Yamamoto: J. Cer. Soc. Jpn. 96 (1988) 397.
- Y. Ikeda, Y. Ohue, K. Inaba, M. Takano, Y. Bando, R. Kanno, Y. Takeda, H. Kitaguchi and J. Takada: to be published in J. Jpn. Soc. Powder and Powder Met.
- J. M. Tarascon, Y. Le Page, P. Barboux, B. G. Bagley, L. H. Greene, W. R. McKinnon, G. W. Hull, M. Giroud and D. M. Hwang: to be published in Phys. Rev.