Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) pp. L358-L360 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1067K)| |Buy This Article|
Structure and Composition Analysis of High-Tc Superconducting Bi-Ca-Sr-Cu-O Oxide by High-Resolution Analytical Electron Microscopy
National Institute for Research in Inorganic Materials
(Received February 8, 1988; accepted for publication February 18, 1988)
The chemical composition and the crystal structure of the Bi-Ca-Sr-Cu-O oxide with a high-Tc of about 75 K have been studied by the combined techniques of crystal structure imaging and spectroscopic microanalysis using a 400 kV high-resolution analytical electron microscope. The crystal is orthorhombic with lattice parameters a=0.54 nm, b=2.70 nm and c=3.06 nm. The chemical composition is assigned as Bi2CaxSrzCu2Oy, where x and z are approximately 1.0 and 1.5, respectively. The structure image reveals that the structure is comprised of a bismuth oxide layer interleaved with an oxygen deficient perovskite-like layer. It is suggested that a nearly commensurate superstructure based on the perovskite-type structure is formed.
- J. G. Bednorz and K. A. Müller: Z. Phys. B64 (1986) 189.
- M. K. Wu, J. R. Ashburn, C. J. Torng, P. H. Hor, R. L. Meng, L. Gao, Z. J. Huang, Y. Q. Wang and C. W. Chu:
Phys. Rev. Lett. 58 (1987) 908[APS].
- C. Michel, M. Hervier, M. M. Borel, A. Grandin, F. Deslandes, J. Provost and B. Raveau: Z. Phys. B68 (1987) 421.
- H. Maeda, Y. Tanaka, M. Fukutomi and T. Asano: Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. Lett. (1988) in press.
- J. Akimitsu, A. Yamazaki, H. Sawa and H. Fujiki:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 26 (1987) L2080[JSAP].
- T. Kijima, J. Tanaka, Y. Bando, M. Onoda and F. Izumi: Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. Lett. (1988) in press.
- G. Cliff and G. W. Lorimer: J. Microsc. 103 (1975) 203.
- Y. Bando, A. Watanabe, Y. Sekikawa, M. Goto and S. Horiuchi: Acta Cryst. A35 (1979) 142.
- S. Horiuchi, T. Kikuchi and M. Goto: Acta Cryst. A33 (1977) 70.
- J. F. Dorrian, R. E. Newnham, D. K. Smith and M. I. Kang: Ferroelectrics 3 (1971) 17.