Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) pp. L429-L430 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (252K)| |Buy This Article|
Influence of the Ring-Substitution on the Second Harmonic Generation of Chalcone Derivatives
1Department of Material Systems Engineering, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
2Department of Industrial Chemistry, Faculty of Technology, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
3Tsukuba Research Laboratory, Nippon Oil & Fats Co., Ltd.
(Received January 18, 1988; accepted for publication February 18, 1988)
Several chalcone derivatives exhibiting second harmonic generation up to 5 times that of urea under IR-excitation have been synthesized by varying the substituents on both phenyl-rings.
KEYWORDS:second harmonic generation, organic optical material, molecular design, chalcone derivatives
- Nonlinear Optical Properties of Organic and Polymeric Materials, ed. D. J. WiLiams (ACS Symposium, Series No. 233, Washington, 1983).
- E. P. Kohler and H. M. Chadwell: Org. Synth., Coll. Vol. 1, p. 78.
- S. K. Kurtz and T. T. Perry:
J. Appl. Phys. 39 (1968) 3798[AIP Scitation].
- D. Rabinovich and J. M. Schmidt: J. Chem. Soc. (B), (1970) 6.
- J. Zyss, J. L. Nicoud and M. Coquillay:
J. Chem. Phys. 81 (1984) 4160[AIP Scitation].
- D. Rabinovich: J. Chem. Soc. (B), (1970) 11.