Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 28 (1989) pp. 1362-1366 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (755K)| |Buy This Article|
Self-Epitaxial Growth of Metastable A15 V3Al on Au-Coated Sapphire Substrates
Faculty of Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Yamagata University
Faculty of Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Tohoku University
(Received May 11, 1989; accepted for publication June 17, 1989)
The metastable A15 V3Al phase was obtained on glazed alumina (glass-coated alumina) and Au-coated sapphire substrates by sputtering using a composite target of Al and V. However, the metastable phase was not formed on sapphire or Ag-coated sapphire substrates. From the depth profile of the composition of the films prepared on glazed alumina substrates, it was found that Si and Ca atoms diffused into V–Al films from the glazed alumina substrate forming an A15 V3(Si, Ca) layer. The metastable A15 V3Al phase was grown self-epitaxially on such layers. The Tc value of the A15 V3Al prepared on glazed alumina substrates was higher than that prepared on Au-coated sapphire substrates. The maximum Tc of 13.8 K was obtained for the films prepared on glazed alumina substrates.
- S. Ohshima, T. Wakiyama, T. Goto and Y. Syono:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 22 (1983) 264[JSAP].
- R. D. Feldmann, R. H. Hammond and T. H. Geballe: IEEE Trans. Magn. Mag-17 (1981) 545.
- E. A. Amberger and U. Siefken: J. Common Metals. 75 (1980) 273.
- S. Ohshima, T. Shiba, T. Kawanobe and T. Wakiyama:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 25 (1986) 1336[JSAP].
- G. Arbman and T. Jarlborg: Solid State Commun. 26 (1987) 857.
- D. Dew-Hughes: Cryogenics. 15 (1975) 475.
- L. R. Testardi, J. H. Wernick, W. A. Royer, D. D. Bacon and A. R. Storm:
J. Appl. Phys. 45 (1974) 446[AIP Scitation].
- P. H. Schmidt, D. D. Bacon, H. Barz and A. S. Cooper:
J. Appl. Phys. 46 (19075) 2237[AIP Scitation].
- L. A. Pendrys and D. H. Douglass: Solid State Commun. 18 (1976) 177.
- H. Ishida, S. Oshima and T. Wakiyama:
Proc. 18th Int. Conf. on Low Temperature Physics, Kyoto, 1987, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 26 (1987) Suppl. 26–3, p. 941[JSAP].
- G. Oya, K. Akada, J. Kazumi, Y. Sawada and Y. Onodera:
J. Appl. Phys. 56 (1984) 177[AIP Scitation].
- Y. Tarutani and M. Kudo: J. Less-Commun Met. 55 (1977) 221.