Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 28 (1989) pp. 1450-1454 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (664K)| |Buy This Article|
Structural and Mechanical Properties of Cr2CO Films
Government Industrial Research Institute
1Faculty of Engineering Science, Osaka University
(Received April 6, 1989; accepted for publication June 17, 1989)
Thin films of chromium oxycarbide(Cr2CO) were prepared on SUS 304 stainless steel and slide glass by plasma decomposition of hexacarbonylchromium with hydrogen carrier gas. The structure of the film was investigated in detail by X-ray diffraction. It was found that the structure of Cr2CO was fcc and that the (111) plane was highly oriented on the substrate surface. The characteristics of Vickers hardness, electric conductivity and deposition rate strongly correlated to the X-ray intensity of the particular Bragg scattering.
- H. E. Hintermann: Thin Solid Films 84 (1981) 215.
- B. Bhushan: Thin Solid Films 73 (1980) 255.
- H. Shimada: J. Metal Finishing Soc. Jpn. 35 (1984) 67 [in Japanese].
- T. Takahashi and H. Itoh: J. Electrochem. Soc. 124 (1977) 797.
- S. Kimura, K. Kobayashi, S. Mochizuki, R. Makabe and O. Tabata: J. Vac. Soc. Jpn. 30 (1987) 454 [in Japanese].
- T. Kado and Y. Noda: J. Electrochem. Soc. 136 (1989) 2184.
- T. Kado and Y. Noda: Denkikagaku 56 (1988) 904 [in Japanese].
- T. Kado and M. Araki: J. Vac. Soc. Jpn. 32 (1989) 274 [in Japanese].
- H. Lux and A. Ignatowiez: Chem. Ber. 101 (1968) 809.