Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 28 (1989) pp. L2188-L2191 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (975K)| |Buy This Article|
Formation of the High-Tc Phase in Rapidly Quenched Bi-Pb-Sr-Ca-Cu-O Ceramics
Hitachi Research Laboratory, Hitachi Ltd.
(Received September 11, 1989; accepted for publication November 8, 1989)
Amorphous ceramics with the composition of Bi2Pb0.4Sr2Ca2Cu3Oy were prepared by rapid quenching. The change in crystalline structure during annealing and the effect of the “seeding” with the high-Tc phase were investigated. The volume fraction of the high-Tc phase increases with annealing time; however, the low-Tc phase reaches a maximum value of 38% for 1 h annealing and decreases on prolonged annealing. The formation rate of the high-Tc phase changes when the volume of the high-Tc phase reaches about 30%. TEM observation shows that the high-Tc phase is often located between the low-Tc phase and the nonsuperconducting phase. The addition of the seed crystals with the high-Tc phase is effective in forming the high-Tc phase in shorter annealing times, but a smaller volume fraction of the high-Tc phase was obtained after annealing for 50 h.
- J. G. Bednorz and K. A. Muller Z. Phys. B64 (1986) 189.
- S. Uchida, H. Takagi, S. Tanaka and K. Kitazawa:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 26 (1987) L1[JSAP].
- M. K. Wu, J. R. Ashburn, C. J. Torng, P. H. Hor, R. L. Meng, L. Gao, Z. J. Haung, Y. Q. Wang and C. W. Chu:
Phys. Rev. Lett. 58 (1987) 909[APS].
- H. Maeda, Y. Tanaka, M. Fukutomi and T. Asano:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) 1209[JSAP].
- R. M. Hazen, L. W. Finger, R. J. ANgle, C. T. Prewitt, N. L. Ross, C. G. Hadidacos, P. J. Heaney, D. R. Veblen, Z. Z. Sheng, A. El Ali and A. M. Hermann: Phys. Lett. 60 (1988) 1657.
- M. Takana, J. Takada, K. Okada, H. Kitaguchi, Y. Miura, Y. Ikeda, Y. Tomii and H. Mazaki:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) L1041[JSAP].
- U. Endo, S. Koyama and T. Kawai:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) L1476[JSAP].
- T. Kanai, T. Kumagai, A. Soeta, T. Suzuki, K. Aihara, T. Kamo and S. Matsuda:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) L1435[JSAP].
- T. Komatsu, R. Sato, C. Hirose, K. Matsushita and T. Yamasita:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) L2293[JSAP].