Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 28 (1989) pp. L320-L322 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (363K)| |Buy This Article|
Simple Calculation on Topography of Focused-Ion-Beam Sputtered Surface
Central Research Laboratoty, Hitachi, Ltd.
(Received December 9, 1988; accepted for publication January 12, 1989)
An analytical model of surface topography evolution during ion sputtering is applied to investigate the eroded profile in a steady state during scanning focused-ion-beam (FIB) sputtering. Some calculations are carried out to demonstrate the eroded profile under the known parameters, i.e. sputtering yield as a function of ion incident angle, the FIB profile, and the FIB scan speed. The present approach is useful to obtain roughly the characteristics of FIB sputtering such as the erosion rate and the length and gradient angle of the step-like slope formed on the eroded surface.
- J. Melngailis: J. Vac. Sci. & Technol. B5 (1987) 469.
- G. Carter, J. S. Colligon and M. J. Nobes: Radiat. Eff. 31 (1977) 65.
- R. Smith and J. M. Walls: Philos. Mag. A 42 (1980) 235.
- G. Carter, M. J. Nobes, K. I. Arshak, R. P. Webb, D. Evanson, B. D. L. Eghawary and J. H. Williamson: J. Mater. Sci, 14 (1979) 728.
- C. Catana, J. S. Colligon and G. Carter:
J. Mater. Sci. 7 (1972) 467[CrossRef].
- I. V. Katardjiev:
J. Vac. Sci. & Technol. A 6 (1988) 2434[AIP Scitation].
- R. Smith, M. A. Tagg and J. M. Walls: Vacuum 34 (1984) 175.
- T. Ishitani, M. Kato and R. Shimizu: J. Mater. Sci. 9 (1974) 505.
- K. P. Muller, U. Weigmann and H. Burghause: Microelectronic Engineering 5 (1986) 481.
- I. H. Wilson, S. Chereckdjian and R. P. Webb: Nucl. Instrum. & Methods B 7/8 (1985) 735.
- R. Smith, S. S. Makh and J. M. Walls: Philos. Mag. A 47 (1983) 453.