Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 28 (1989) pp. L807-L809 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (465K)| |Buy This Article|
Enhancement of Critical Magnetization Current by the Electron Irradiation in Ba2YCu3O7 Superconductor
Takasaki Radiation Chemistry Research Establishment, Japan Atomic Energy Research Institute
1Hitachi Research Laboratory, Hitachi Ltd.
(Received February 10, 1989; accepted for publication April 13, 1989)
A single-phased Ba2YCu3O7-y pellet was sequentially irradiated with 3 MeV electrons up to 2.25×1022 m-2 at about 370 K, and the magnetization measurements were carried out at 77 K in fields up to a corresponding magnetic flux density of 1.0 T. The critical current density estimated from the magnetization mesurement was enhanced by the electron irradiation; the enhancement was larger in higher magnetic fields. The current density at 1.0 T of 7.4 MA·m-2 was increased to 11.3 MA·m-2 by the electron irradiation to 1.75×1022 m-2, and then decreased upon further irradiation.
- A. Umezawa. G. W. Crabtree, J. Z. Liu, H. W. Weber, W. K. Kwok, L. H. Nunez, T. J. Moran, C. H. Sowers and H. Claus:
Phys. Rev. B 36 (1987) 7151[APS].
- J. R. Cost, J. O. Willis, J. D. Thompson and D. E. Peterson:
Phys. Rev. B 37 (1988) 1563[APS].
- J. O. Willis, J. R. Cost, R. D. Brown, J. D. Thompson and D. E. Peterson: High Temperature Superconductors, eds. M. B. Brodsky, R. C. Dynes, K. Kitazawa and H. L. Tuller (Materials Research Society, Pittsburgh, 1988) p. 391.
- A. Wisniewski, M. Baran, P. Przyslupski, H. Szymczak, A. Pajac-zkowska, B. Pytel and K. Pytel: Solid State Commun. 65 (1988) 577.
- P. Przyslupski, A. Wisniewski, S. Kolesnik, W. Dobrowolski, A. Pajaczkowska, K. Pytel and B. Pytel: Physica C 153–155 (1988) 345.
- K. Shiraishi, H. Itoh and O. Yoda:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) L2339[JSAP].
- C. L. Snead, Jr. and D. M. Parkin: Nucl. Technol. 29 (1976) 264.
- C. P. Bean:
Rev. Mod. Phys. 36 (1964) 31[APS].
- A. R. Sweedler, C. L. Snead, Jr. and D. E. Cox: Treatise on Materials Science and Technology, eds. T. Luhman and D. Dew-Hughes (Acadedmic Press, New York, 1979) Vol. 14, p. 349.
- H. Berndt, N. Kartascheff and H. Wenzl: Z. Angew. Phys. 24 (1968) 305.
- H. Ullmaier, K. Papastaikoudis, S. Takacs and W. Schilling: Phys. Status Solidi 41 (1970) 671.
- O. S. Oen: Cross Sections for Atomic Displacements in Solids by Fast Electrons, ORNL-4897 (ORNL, Oak Ridge, 1973).
- D. C. Agrawal, E. J. Kramer and B. A. Loomis: Philos. Mag. 33 (1976) 343.