Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 29 (1990) pp. 196-201 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (873K)| |Buy This Article|
Computer-Controlled Levelling for a Pneumatic Antivibration Table
Nanometrology Group, Quantum Metrology Section, National Research Laboratory of Metrology
(Received May 10, 1989; accepted for publication November 18, 1989)
A pneumatic antivibration table with a new automatic level controlling system is developed and the performance is tested. The hardware for controlling the level is operated by an 8-bit microcomputer in order to reduce long-term drift in the vertical level of the table and to give flexibility to the hardware when applying it to automatic level control of various antivibration pneumatic tables. Continuous operation without maintenance for more than a year has proven its reliability and shown residual levelling error of around 20 µm. Antivibration characteristics under the controlling operation and the effects of an earthquake and loading of heavy apparatus on the table are checked.
- G. Basile, A. Bergamin, G. Cavagnero, G. Mana and G. Zosi: IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas. 38 (1989) 210.
- M. Tanaka, K. Nakayama and K. Kuroda: IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas. 38, (1989) 206.
- S. Seyfried, R. Balhorn, M. Koshisiek, A. F. Kozden, H. J. Rademacher, H. Wagenbruth, A.M. Peuto and A. Sacconi: IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas. 36 (1987) 161.
- R. D. Deslattes, M. Tanaka, G. L. Green, A. Henins and E. G. Kessler: IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas. 36 (1987) 166.
- J. Arthur: NBS Special Publication 711, The Investigation of Fundamental Interactions with Cold Neutrons, ed. G.L. Green (National Institute of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, MD, U.S.A. 1986) p. 124.
- M. Morimura: Rep. Natl. Res. Lab. Metrol. 27 (1979) No. 2, 1.
- M. Tanaka and K. Nakayama:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 22 (1983) L233[JSAP].