Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 29 (1990) pp. 53-57 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (1306K)| |Buy This Article|
Crystal Growth of InP on a Gd3Ga5O12 Substrate by Organometallic Chemical Vapor Deposition
Department of Physical Electronics, Faculty of Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology
(Received August 23, 1989; accepted for publication November 18, 1989)
This paper reports the results of crystal growth of InP on a Gd3Ga5O12 (GGG) substrate. Effectiveness of the In-P/GaInAsP superlattice is shown. Substrate orientations of (100) and (111) are compared. By using the GGG(100) substrate and introducing the superlattice, the best result was obtained for growing an InP layer. From X-ray diffraction analysis, it was found that the grown InP layer was preferentially (111) oriented along the film normal. SEM and RHEED observation revealed that the grown layer was composed of polycrystalline grains with random orientation in the film plane.
KEYWORDS:crystal growth, lattice constant, organometallic chemical vapor deposition, superlattice, X-ray diffraction, RHEED
- M. Razeghi, F. Omnes, M. Defour and Ph. Maurel:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 52 (1988) 209[AIP Scitation].
- M. K. Lee, D. S. Wuu, H. H. Tung, K. Y. Yu and K. C. Huang:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 52 (1988) 880[AIP Scitation].
- M. Razeghi, M. Defour, f. Omnes, Ph. Maurel and J. Chazelas:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 53 (1988) 725[AIP Scitation].
- M. Razeghi, P-L. Meunier and P. Maurel:
J. Appl. Phys. 59 (1986) 2261[AIP Scitation].
- J. Haisma, B. H. Koek, J. W. F. Maes, D. Mateika, J. A. Pistorius and P. J. Roksnoer: J. Cryst. Growth 83 (1987) 466.
- J. Haisma, A. M. W. Cox and B. H. Koek: J. Cryst. Growth 87 (1988) 180.
- H. C. Lee, T. Asano, H. Ishiwara and S. Furukawa:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) 1616[JSAP].