Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 29 (1990) pp. L148-L150 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (469K)| |Buy This Article|
Suppression of Rapid Beam Loss at Low Energy by RF Excitation of Betatron Oscillation
Osaka Research Laboratories, Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.
(Received July 1, 1989; revised manuscript revised November 7, 1989; accepted for publication December 6, 1989)
Rapid beam loss was observed below the injection energy of 100 MeV in the NIJI-I compact electron storage ring. RF excitation of vertical betatron oscillation was tried for stabilization of the stored beam. The instability was successfully suppressed by this method. It was also found that the application of this method could enlarge the beam size incoherently and was particularly effective for high-current beam storage at low-energy injection, resulting in cost reduction of the compact ring system.
- H. Takada, K. Furukawa and T. Tomimasu:
Opt. Eng. 27 (1988) 550[AIP Scitation].
- S. Asaoka, G. Isoyama, H. Mikuni, Y. Miyahara and H. Nishimura: Nucl. Instrum. & Method 215 (1983) 493.
- H. Takada, Y. Tsutsui, T. Tomimasu and S. Sugiyama:
Rev. Sci. Instrum. 60 (1989) 1630[AIP Scitation].
- A. Hofmann and S. Myers: Proc. XIth Int. Conf. High-Energy Accelerators, CERN (Birkhauser, Basel, 1980) p. 610.
- T. Kasuga, M. Hasumoto, T. Kinoshita and H. Yonehara:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) 100[JSAP].
- T. Katsura, Y. Kamiya and S. Shibata: Proc. 5th Symp. Accelerator Science & Technology (Ionics, Tokyo, 1984) p. 286.
- T. Kasuga, H. Yonehara, T. Kinoshita and M. Hasumoto:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 24 (1985) 1212[JSAP].