Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 29 (1990) pp. L473-L476 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (771K)| |Buy This Article|
Structure, and Electrical and Magnetic Properties of Nonsuperconducting BiVS3 and BiNbS3
Superconductivity Research Laboratory, International Superconductivity Technology Center
(Received December 9, 1989; accepted for publication February 8, 1990)
We have prepared ternary chalcogenides, BiMS3 with M=Nb and V, and grown their single crystals. BiVS3 did not show superconductivity, but exhibited metallic behavior in its electrical conduction in the temperature range of 1.6 K to 300 K. We found that BiVS3 had a charge density wave (CDW) transition around 160 K. The electrical conductivity of BiNbS3 was metallic in the same temperature range. The Hall coefficient, RH, of BiNbS3 was positive in the temperature range between 4.2 K and 300 K. The density of holes calculated from the measured value of RH, assuming an electrical conduction by holes only, was around 4×1021 cm-3.
- Y. Oosawa, Y. Gotoh and M. Onoda: Chem. Lett. (1989) 523.
- K. Kato, I. Kawada and T. Takahashi: Acta Crystallogr. Sect. B 33 (1977) 3437.
- Y. Gotoh, M. Onoda, M. Goto and Y. Oosawa: Chem. Lett. (1989) 1281.
- G. A. Wieger, A. Meetsma, S. van Smaalen, R. J. Haange, J. Wulff, T. Zeinstra and J. L. de Boer:
Solid State Commun. 70 (1989) 409[CrossRef].
- S. Kuypers, G. Van Tendeloo, J. Van Landuyt and S. Amelinckx: Acta Crystallogr. Sect. A 45 (1989) 291.
- S. Tanaka: Oyo Buturi 48 (1979) 806 [in Japanese].
- A. H. Thompson and B. G. Silvernagel:
Phys. Rev. B19 (1979) 3420[APS].
- M. Naito and S. Tanaka: Physica 105B (1981) 136.
- S. Uchida, H. Takagi, H. Ishii, H. Eisaki, T. Yabe, S. Tajima and S. Tanaka:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 26 (1987) L440[JSAP].