Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 29 (1990) pp. L96-L98 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (507K)| |Buy This Article|
Monolithic Integration of Photodetector and ARROW-Type Interferometer for Detecting Phase Difference between Two Optical Paths
Yokohama National University, Faculty of Engineering, Division of Electrical and Computer Engineering
(Received October 13, 1989; accepted for publication December 6, 1989)
We fabricated an interferometer for detecting phase difference between two optical paths by the combination of a dual-core fiber and ARROW (antiresonant reflecting optical waveguide), which was integrated with a pair of photodetectors. An optical sensor was demonstrated by using this integrated interferometer.
KEYWORDS:ARROW, photodetector, integration, dual-core fiber, optical sensor
- G. B. Hocker: Appl. Opt. 18 (1979) 1445.
- M. A. Duguay, Y. Kokubun, T. L. Koch and L. Pfeiffer:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 49 (1986) 13[AIP Scitation].
- Y. Kokubun, T. Baba, T. Sakaki and K. Iga:
Electron. Lett. 22 (1986) 892[AIP Scitation].
- T. Baba, Y. Kokubun, T. Sakaki and K. Iga: J. Lightwave Tech. LT-6 (1988) 1440.
- O. Tsukamoto, K. Kawai and Y. Kokubun: IEEE. Trans. Magn. 2 (1987) 1572.