Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 30 (1991) pp. 2253-2255 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (343K)| |Buy This Article|
Properties of Hydrophone with Porous Piezoelectric Ceramics
Research Laboratory, Oki Electric Industry Co., Ltd., Higashiasakawa, Hachioji, Tokyo 193
1Electric System Laboratory, Oki Electric Industry Co., Ltd., Shibaura, Minatoku, Tokyo
(Received May 13, 1991; accepted for publication July 20, 1991)
We constructed a hydrophone using porous piezoelectric ceramics and conducted a detailed investigation into hydrophone sensitivity under higher pressure and its acceleration sensitivity as vibrational noise. At a pressure of 7.85 MPa, the hydrophone sensitivity of the porous piezoelectric ceramic hydrophone was some 20 dB higher than that of the piesoelectric ceramic hydrophones. The difference in acceleration sensitivity between the porous piezoelectric ceramics and the piezoelectric ceramics was extremely minor. The hydrophone sensitivity is sufficiently high to allow us to consider vibrational noise as negligible.
- D. P. Skinner, R. E. Newnham and L. E. Cross: Mater. Res. Bull. 13 (1978) 599.
- K. Hikita, K. Yamada, M. Nishida and M. Ono: Ferroelectrics 49 (1983) 265.
- R. Ting: Ferroelectrics 67 (1986) 143.
- M. Kahn, A. Dalzell and B. Kovel: Adv. Ceram. Mater. 2 (1987) No. 4, p. 836.
- K. Ayusawa, T. Arai, H. Sato, K. Kawamura, T. Miyata and K. Kobayashi: Proc. 7th Meet. Ferroelectric Materials & Their Applications, Kyoto, 1989,
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 28 (1989) Suppl. 28, p. 187[JSAP].