Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 30 (1991) pp. L67-L69 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (449K)| |Buy This Article|
Fabrication of a-Si:H Thin Film Transistors on 4-inch Glass Substrates by a Large Area Ion Doping Technique
Central Research Laboratories, Matsushita Electric Ind. Co., Ltd., Osaka 570
1Research and Development Div., Nissin Electric Co., Ltd., Kyoto 615
(Received September 1, 1990; accepted for publication November 5, 1990)
We developed a large area ion doping apparatus with an rf ion source of 50 cm in diameter. Charge accumulation during ion doping was suppressed by using a double grid. We fabricated a-Si:H TFT's on a 4-inch glass substrate by using the doping apparatus. By optimizing the thickness of the passivation film of TFT's, a field effect mobility, threshold voltage and an ON/OFF current ratio of 0.6 cm2/V·s, 4.9 V and 107, respectively, were obtained. We confirmed the uniformity of electrical properties for TFT's on 4-in. glass substrates to be about ±2%. These characteristics of TFT's are suitable for switching elements in a large area LCD.
- A. Yoshida, K. Setsune and T. Hirao:
Appl. Phys. Lett. 51 (1987) 253[AIP Scitation].
- A. Yoshida, M. Kitagawa, K. Setsune and T. Hirao:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 27 (1988) L1355[JSAP].
- R. Lossy and J. Engemann: J. Vac. Sci. & Technol. B6 (1988) 284.
- G. Proudfoot, C. M. O. Mahony and R. Perrin: Nucl. Inst. & Methods B37/38 (1989) 103.
- A. Yoshida, K. Setsune and T. Hirao: IEEE Electron Device Lett. 9 (1988) 90.
- R. Hirano, K. Setsune, A. Yoshida and T. Hirao: Shingakugihou (Technical Reports of the IEICE) (IEICE, Tokyo, 1987) J70-C, No. 11, p. 1 [in Japanese].
- R. G. Wilson: Ion Beams with Applications to Ion Implantation (Wiley, NY, 1973) p. 270.