Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 31 (1992) pp. 4283-4287 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (825K)| |Buy This Article|
Simulation of Chemical Amplification Resists
Microelectronics Research Laboratories, NEC Corporation, 1120 Shimokuzawa, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 229
(Received July 6, 1992; accepted for publication September 19, 1992)
A simulation model for chemical amplification resists is proposed. This model includes a bulk acid loss reaction and an acid diffusion, as well as a crosslinking reaction. Good agreement with experimental patterns was achieved only when these reactions were calculated self-consistently. The calculation revealed that, for designing chemical amplification resists, one of the key factors is the crosslinking reaction sensitivity to post-exposure bake (PEB) temperature. However, in quarter-micron pattern formation, the acid diffusion was found to significantly affect pattern profile as well as the crosslinking reaction dose.
KEYWORDS:simulation, chemical amplification resist, post-exposure bake (PEB), crosslinking reaction, acid, diffusion
- A. A. Lamola, C. R. Szmanda and J. W. Thackeray: Solid State Technol. 34 (1991) No. 8, 53.
- R. Dammel, K.-F. Dossel, J. Lingnau, J. Theis, H. Huber, H. Oertel and J. Trube: Microelectron. Eng. 9 (1989) 575.
- T. Azuma, K. Masui, Y. Takigami, H. Sasaki, K. Sakai, T. Nomaki, Y. Kato and I. Mori:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 30 (1991) 3138[JSAP].
- D. Seligson, S. Das, H. Gaw and P. Pianetta: J. Vac. Sci. & Tech. B 6 (1988) 2303.
- R. A. Ferguson, J. M. Hutchinson, C. A. Spence and A. R. Newreuther: J. Vac. Sci. & Tech. B 8 (1990) 1423.
- H. Fukuda and S. Okazaki:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 28 (1989) 2104[JSAP].
- E. Barouch, U. Hollerbach, S. A. Orszag, M. T. Allen and G. S. Calabrese:
Proc. SPIE 1463 (1991) 336[AIP Scitation].
- J. Nakamura, H. Ban, K. Deguchi and A. Tanaka:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 30 (1991) 2619[JSAP].
- P. Trefonas and M. T. Allen: to be published in Proc. SPIE.
- F. H. Dill, W. P. Hornberger, P. S. Hauge and J. W. Shaw: IEEE Trans. Electron Devices ED-22 (1975) 445.
- W. G. Oldham, S. N. Nandgaonkar, A. R. Neureuther and M. O'Toole: IEEE Trans. Electron Devices ED-26 (1979) 717.
- D. R. Bauer and G. F. Budde: J. Appl. Polym. Sci. 28 (1983) 253.
- P. Pichler, W. Jungling, S. Selberherr, E. Gurrero and H. Potzl: IEEE Trans. Electron Devices ED-32 (1985) 1940.