Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 31 (1992) pp. L337-L339 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (402K)| |Buy This Article|
Preparation of Ferromagnetic Organic Compounds by Pyrolysis of (2,4,6-Triphenoxy-1,3,5-Triazine/Melamine) in Ar Atmosphere Including a Trace of Dry Air
Department of Electronic Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Osaka University, 2-1 Yamada-Oka, Suita, Osaka 565
(Received December 26, 1991; accepted for publication January 18, 1992)
Organic compound exhibiting strong ferromagnetism (saturation magnetization 10 emu·G/g) was prepared from a mixture of 2,4,6-triphenoxy-1,3,5-triazine (TPTA) and melamine (M) by pyrolysis at 950°C in Ar atmosphere including a trace of dry air. The electron spin resonance (ESR) signal of this material also exhibited remarkably large intensities (4.7×1023 spins/g) and peak-to-peak linewidth (804 G at 290 K or 1570 G at 100 K). The values of linewidth and of g-factor at 290 K are comparable to those of iron oxide and of iron, respectively.
- A. A. Ovchinnikov and V. N. Spector: Synth. Met. 27 (1988) B615.
- M. Ota, S. Otani, K. Kobayashi and M. Igarashi: Mol. Cryst. & Liq. Cryst. 176 (1989) 99.
- M. Ota, S. Otani and K. Kobayashi: Chem. Lett. (1989) 1175.
- M. Ota, S. Otani: Chem. Lett. (1989) 1179.
- M. Ota, S. Otani and M. Igarashi: Chem. Lett. (1989) 1183.
- K. Kawabata, M. Mizutani, M. Fukuda and S. Mizogami: Synth. Met. 33 (1989) 399.
- K. Tanaka, S. Yamashita and T. Yamabe: Solid State Commun. 71 (1989) 627.
- K. Murata, T. Masuda and H. Ueda: Chem. Express 5 (1990) 597.
- K. Murata, T. Masuda and H. Ueda: Chem. Express 5 (1990) 601.
- K. Murata, T. Masuda and H. Ueda: Chem. Express 5 (1990) 605.
- H. Araki and Matsuoka and K. Yoshino: Solid State Commun. 79 (1991) 443.
- H. Araki, T. Matsuoka and K. Yoshino: Sens. & Mater. 2 (1991) 347.
- H. Araki, R. Matsuoka and K. Yoshino: Tech. Rep. Osaka Univ. 41 (1991) 277.
- H. Araki and K. Yoshino: to be published in Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 31 (1992).
- H. Araki and K. Yoshino: to be published in J. Phys. D Lett.