Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 33 (1994) pp. 1863-1864 |Next Article| |Table of Contents|
|Full Text PDF (374K)| |Buy This Article|
Effectiveness of High-Pressure Synthesis of Bulk High-Temperature Superconductors of Hg–Ba–Ca–Cu–O System
Institute for Materials Research, Tohoku University, 2-1-1 Katahira, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980
(Received December 15, 1993; accepted for publication January 22, 1994)
Bulk superconductors of nominal compositions of tetragonal HgBa2Ca n-1Cu nO y (n=1–3) have been synthesized by a sealed quartz tube technique and high-pressure technique. In the present study nearly single-phase HgBa2CuO y was rather easily obtained by the former technique, but HgBa2CaCu2O y and HgBa2Ca2Cu3O y phases were formed by high-pressure technique which presumably prevents decomposition of HgO.
- S. N. Putilin, E. V. Antipov, O. Chmaissem and M. Marezio:
Nature 362 (1993) 226[CrossRef].
- A. Schilling, M. Cantoni, J. D. Guo and H. R. Ott:
Nature 363 (1993) 56[CrossRef].
- P. N. Putilin, E. V. Antipov and M. Marezio: Physica C 212 (1993) 266.
- M. Hirabayashi, K. Tokiwa, M. Tokumoto and H. Ihara:
Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 32 (1993) L1206[JSAP].
- L. Gao, Z. J. Huang, R. L. Meng, J. G. Lin, F. Chen, L. Beauvais, Y. Y. Sun, Y. Y. Xue and C. W. Chu: Physica C 213 (1993) 261.
- A. Tokiwa-Yamamoto, K. Isawa, M. Itoh, S. Adachi and H. Yamauchi:
Physica C 216 (1993) 250[CrossRef].
- R. L. Meng, Y. Y. Sun, J. Kulik, Z. J. Huang, F. Chen, Y. Y. Xue and C. W. Chu: Physica C 214 (1993) 307.
- D. J. Singh:
Physica C 212 (1993) 228[CrossRef].
- D. J. Singh:
Phys. Rev. B 48 (1993) 3571[APS].